BBR Tuning 38cc 4-Stroke Rear Axle Drive Engine Kit

Buzzy

Local time
6:52 PM
Hello, I'm new to the group. I want to convert my TREK bike (bought used, 21" bike, 26" 2.0" tires). I'm 68 with leg braces. I weigh around 210-215. I want to be able to ride around the neighborhood on motor bike maybe 10 mph. It's a flat ride, about 1.5 miles one way with about a city block on a dirt road. I was considering the BBR Tuning 38cc 4-Stroke Rear Axle Drive Engine Kit. Does anyone have any information to share on the BBR Tuning 38cc 4-Stroke Rear Axle Drive Engine Kit. It's currently out of stock. Any recommendations, comments.
Thanks,

Sam Kale

Buzzy, that kit looks ok from the pics and description. I have no experience with that kit, for $200 it isn't a bad deal though including the motor. It depends on what you want out of the bike. I've had different 35cc motors and they disappoint me in power and top end after having 3 different 49/50cc motors. If it's a toy you want that kit should be fine. If it's a hobby and you take it seriously then you may want more. Me, I take this as a serious hobby and when I ride the bike I want it to be fun dependable and functional. I also am way more pleased with the power and speed of a 50cc compared to a 35cc+ motor. If this is you then you may want to consider a 50cc Honda motor, Huasheng 53cc with a friction kit. There's a reliable 2 stroke available made in Japan, Zenoah G430 that is 43cc. It just depends on what you want and expect. If you get your choices in order it'll save you money in the long run, good luck.
Staton Inc (staton-inc.com)

Back