Best rims for beach crusiser

Hotrodgranny

Local time
9:36 PM
I bought a 2 stroke 80cc motor for my beach cruiser but I am going through the rims. HELP!! WHAT THE BEST RIME FOR A 26" BEACH CRUISER MOTORIZED

Attachments

• 20210804_020418.jpg
    20210804_020418.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 169
I bought a 2 stroke 80cc motor for my beach cruiser but I am going through the rims. HELP!! WHAT THE BEST RIME FOR A 26" BEACH CRUISER MOTORIZED
This is what i use and where i got them...They come with the front and rear disk brake calipers, brake pads, and rotors...You will need to use adaptors to attach calipers to frame etc. but that can be worked out when your ready to do the job and hopefully have someone with you who knows how to help fabricate things unique to your bike and setup.

you will need to to get the cables for the brakes at a local bicycle shop...its a good thing that your replacing the typical beach cruiser rims as they will not hold up on a motorised bicycle...they are designed for the usual pedal speed of 11 miles per hour...your going 3 times that speed on a motorised bike...Also the rear coaster brakes make it a death trap as there is no real stopping power...DAMIEN

There are different colours to choose from...Click on the pic of the red ones as they also have blue in them to match your bike as well as your red motor.

you will need a dual pull brake lever as well since you have the clutch lever on the left side already.

Pics of my bike are here below so you can see the end results.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
You want heavy duty wheels with 11 or 12 gauge spokes
Husky has good wheels that are strong for a M/B
Here's a selection of spoke wheels for ya.

Here's the minimum for 26"x2" wheels.

Back wheel:

Double walled
36 hole
Cross 3 pattern
12 gauge spokes
Through axle

Front wheel:

Single walled
36 hole
Cross 3 pattern
14 gauge spokes
Quick release axle.

Always bad information in wheel threads.
Don't need 2" wide rims
Don't need 10, 11 or 12g spokes
Please don't use quick release.

If they don't give a brand of spoke 12g is a safe bet. Look for steel Or double wall aluminum. 36 spoke is common and if you are using a rag joint or hub adapter for the sprocket you have to stay 36.

This wheel set has gone 64mph. Out lasted 3 frames over 3 years and was on 4 builds. I ride daily.
14g DT Swiss spokes
Sapiam nipples
Mtx 39 hoops
Cheap Amazon hubs.

Some more good wheels...

Grubee HD

Bikeberry freewheel

Rotor Adapter

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Always bad information in wheel threads.
Don't need 2" wide rims
Don't need 10, 11 or 12g spokes
Please don't use quick release.

If they don't give a brand of spoke 12g is a safe bet. Look for steel Or double wall aluminum. 36 spoke is common and if you are using a rag joint or hub adapter for the sprocket you have to stay 36.

This wheel set has gone 64mph. Out lasted 3 frames over 3 years and was on 4 builds. I ride daily.
14g DT Swiss spokes
Sapiam nipples
Mtx 39 hoops
Cheap Amazon hubs.

Nice bike and set up mate. I have to ask where did you get your gas tank from or did you fab it up yourself? Also what size motor is it 80cc 60cc or 49cc? By the way my name is Aaron. Hope to hear back from you I'll love to talk to you more about your bike and motorized 80cc bikes in general. I as well am a daily rider for 2 years now an I'm getting tired of always having something break down on me. My new bike and motor just seems like a money pit and I've only had it for 4 months now.

Moderators Note:
As a courtesy to you, your e-mail address has been removed from public view, so as not to be misused by spammers, scammers, or web bots that scan forum sites like ours...You can give your E-mail address in the PM conversations if someone really wants it.

Back