Boost bottle + Speed Carb

awc360

Local time
5:34 AM
I currently have a Speed Carb on by mb right now with the stock air filter. Is a better air filter recommended? Boost bottle or 66cc with the intake manifold currently in the mail to my house... Is that all I need? Any suggestions on setting up all of this stuff?

A airfilter other than stock and a boost bottle will not give you any more performance or speed.
i agree with you on the boost bottle.
You will probably not see much of an increase in power...if any at all with a boost bottle.
The air filter tho, i disagree with you on.
If you pick up a nice, high flow k&n style filter, you will get a SMALL performance increase. not much, but a little.
Combine that air filter with an expansion chamber exhaust, and you will see a decent increase. getting air in and exhaust out of the cylinder faster and smoother that the stock filter and exhaust will give a performance increase.
the stock air filter, air filter housing, and stock exhaust on the chinese 2 strokes are very restrictive.
A high flow air filter will not only filter the air better, but it will have less restriction on the air that is being sucked into the carb, it will flow more air, and it will give the air a smoother path getting into the carb.
do not expect to feel a 4-5 h.p. gain by adding a high flow air filter tho.
expect the motor to run smoother, idle better, and respond to the throttle better.

I am using a old style open front aircleaner and my engine gets plenty of air threw a thin foam stock filter, using a k&n airfilter won't breath any better but it might block out more dirt,but im not worried about dirt or anything,i want all the air i can get.

A less restrictive muffler or a expansion chamber exhaust will give you more power or speed.

Last edited:
awc360 - I ordered an expansion chamber from boostbottleindustires and should have it soon....i will post about it once i have it installed and keep you informed. i ordered a boost bottle as well.....i'll let you know how it goes

it took 4 fricking weeks for it to arrive but its finally here and ive already mounted the boost bottle and wow! what a difference, all the naysayers havent a clue! i dont know bout increased speed and power but man the bottle made a huge difference! everyhting is just so smooth now. my motor fires up easier and quicker and it just purrrs and flows so smoothly...the throttle is buttered now. great mod! as for the expansion chamber...i decided not to use it....just looks ugly and mounting it would be a major hassle on the bike i intended it for so im gonna mount it on a buddys chopper(will post once done and let u know more) anyways to mount it you need to weld.....it looks like it had mounting tabs that were grinded off. and as for the included "mounting clip" well its garbage,...there is no way the included tiny piece of flimsy copper would mount anything to any bike...well it might make a good cable tie thats about it. the flexible steel pipe is ok but the clamps are ugly...anyways i think its only good if you can weld and plan on making your own pipe and welding the expansion chamber on as your last section of exhaust

yea took 4 weeks to mine too, but i got it and everything feels smoother. However, my engine revs pretty high without throttling much. It won't idle very low, even with adjusting the idle screw. Is this a problem i can fix by adjusting the carb needle?

A lean air/ fuel mixture will cause a high idle.
Check for air leaks around the intake manifold and boost bottle connections.
Some folks prefer to spray all the connections with wd40 or carb cleaner with the engine idling. Be VERY careful not to light the poor thing on fire when doing this.
I prefer using plain 'ol water in a squirt bottle.
If there is a leak, and when the spray of choice finds it, the idle speed will change.
Another caution, if you use a flammable spray and any gets sucked into the air cleaner that will give a false reading.

I'm sorry but i put a boost bottle on my 49 c.c. 2 stroke and did not get ANY difference at all.
I put an expansion chamber on it, and THAT made a huge difference.

Back