Reed valves V.S. Boost Bottles

Lloyde

Local time
4:13 AM

(Yes, I know I added links to parts with different measurements, I'm just trying to get info, then I will purchase the appropriate part)

Reed Valves V.S. Boost bottles which one is better?

Reed valves prevent Blow Back from the Engine to the Carby, and from what I've seen, the boost bottles should do the same thing in a different way while allowing re-use of the gasses the engine tryed to blow out the carby, but from what I'm looking at, you can only put one, or the other on your engine, not both.

A reed valve can help some engines make more power, but restricts other engines like the Phantom.

General consensus on the boost bottles are they don't work, similar to supercharger kits on 2 strokes.

Positive pressure just gets blown into the exhaust port.

One of our members did a whole thread on boost bottles and intake configurations and he come up with a plastic soda bottle with the bottom cut off works the best. You might as well go down and throw your money in the sea.

Boost bottles do work.

BUT...

They are carefully engineered to a very specific engine setup. The boost bottles sold by retailers are just some random bottles and tubing. I can make you that for the cost of a 20 ounce soda, a brass hose fitting, and some epoxy.

Boost bottles do work.

BUT...

They are carefully engineered to a very specific engine setup. The boost bottles sold by retailers are just some random bottles and tubing. I can make you that for the cost of a 20 ounce soda, a brass hose fitting, and some epoxy.
Don't forget your famous 100% money back guarantee that it will absolutely work correctly on any China Girl setup...lol...lol.

Don't forget your famous 100% money back guarantee that it will absolutely work correctly on any China Girl setup...lol...lol.
It will work to act as a bottle that collects gas fumes, guaranteed.

The real question is what power curve do you want? Coke bottles with their thinner middle section are better for higher RPM fume collection, whilst Pepsi is great for low RPM fumes.

Back