Crashes Brother got ran over by a pompous fool in a hurry

My Mom had new tires put on her car, I checked the wheel lug nuts to see if they were torqued down properly.
The lugs on the front wheels were loose, I called the tire shop "Big O Tire" and b^tched out the manager.
Obviously the tire jockey wasn't using his torque stix to put the wheels back on again...Any decent tire shop or any shop doing tire rotations uses torque stix at all times.

I instituted a nation wide program with Valvoline branded shops to not always use torque stix, but to also have another tech also grab the air gun and double check the first tech to be doubly sure those wheels are on securely and to spec...A good double check system like that works if it is enforced at all times...Each tech also had to initial the work sheet so I could hold anyone accountable for not following proper proceedure.

Obviously the tire jockey wasn't using his torque stix to put the wheels back on again...Any decent tire shop or any shop doing tire rotations uses torque stix at all times.

I instituted a nation wide program with Valvoline branded shops to not always use torque stix, but to also have another tech also grab the air gun and double check the first tech to be doubly sure those wheels are on securely and to spec...A good double check system like that works if it is enforced at all times...Each tech also had to initial the work sheet so I could hold anyone accountable for not following proper proceedure.

The owners manual on my new Jeep says to check the wheel lug nuts every 100 miles 🤷‍♂️
I only do it once if the wheel has been removed (tires rotated etc...)
I guess they gotta say that as a disclaimer for legal reasons

If they want owners to check something as fundamentally basic as wheel torque every 100 miles, it would make me wonder what else is wrong with it...lol.
Nah, it's well made, I'm sure it's just a disclaimer, just in case someone tries to sue Jeep if their wheel falls off

People have probably already sued car manufactures over their wheels falling off, and maybe some of them won their case because the maintenance schedule didn't call for periodic checking the wheel lug nuts torque

Nah, it's well made, I'm sure it's just a disclaimer, just in case someone tries to sue Jeep if their wheel falls off

People have probably already sued car manufactures over their wheels falling off, and maybe some of them won their case because the maintenance schedule didn't call for periodic checking the wheel lug nuts torque
But every 100 miles???...I know people who do more than that just for their daily commute to work and back again...lol.

If it's there it's because someone probably did something that caused them to put it there. Many things that seem trivial are there for a reason.
It's the lawyers that always cause all the problems and leaving the buyer with zero and the manufacturers with all the profits for their misfeasance and malfeasance...lol.

I think William Shakespeare said it best in his play Henry the 6th, (part 2), when the character, "Dick the Butcher" said, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"...lol...lol.

But every 100 miles???...I know people who do more than that just for their daily commute to work and back again...lol.
Heh, my father once sold me a car. 6 months later I'm replacing spark plugs.

"Son what are you doing, I put new ones in they're good for 20,000 miles."

'Yes Dad, I should have swapped them a couple months ago'.

I ran the fire outta a car back then.

Heh, my father once sold me a car. 6 months later I'm replacing spark plugs.

"Son what are you doing, I put new ones in they're good for 20,000 miles."

'Yes Dad, I should have swapped them a couple months ago'.

I ran the fire outta a car back then.
Before I even bought my car from my dad I helped him get it running. He bought some tune up parts and put them in. I think it has E3 plugs. Once I get the fuel system properly ran and the vacuum leaks take care of it should run like a dream.

Back