Carb identification

Toby woodman

Local time
9:04 AM
Has anyone seen a carb like this. Looks different to most nt carbs. Also, does anyone know what the lever on the bottom of the bowl is for?

Attachments

• 31597F4B-184C-41FE-9E9E-694D09E20517.jpeg
    31597F4B-184C-41FE-9E9E-694D09E20517.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 74
  • B9CB8B33-031F-470C-B520-F717740805D1.jpeg
    B9CB8B33-031F-470C-B520-F717740805D1.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 71
It is a newer iteration of the classic NT carby.

That one is a JRL BoFeng carburetor...The major improvement in this one over the NT is that this one also has the emulsifier tube that the NT lacks and also usually comes with an O ring that fits inside the carburetor where the intake slides into to creat a much improved seal to eliminate air leaks which has been problematic in that location...You will also notice that the opening on the carb that the intake slides into is made more substantially with thicker metal where it clamps onto the intake manifold.

This is also the same carb I run as well that I am very satisfied with, much improved over the basic NT and is generally smooth response through all throttle ranges and they are cheap to replace as well...Only 11.99 at Amazon.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I’ve never seen jets like this before where can I buy others for tuning
It is a newer iteration of the classic NT carby.

That one is a JRL BoFeng carburetor...The major improvement in this one over the NT is that this one also has the emulsifier tube that the NT lacks and also usually comes with an O ring that fits inside the carburetor where the intake slides into to creat a much improved seal to eliminate air leaks which has been problematic in that location...You will also notice that the opening on the carb that the intake slides into is made more substantially with thicker metal where it clamps onto the intake manifold.

This is also the same carb I run as well that I am very satisfied with, much improved over the basic NT and is generally smooth response through all throttle ranges and they are cheap to replace as well...Only 11.99 at Amazon.

Attachments

• 94C09555-C663-4123-8D39-0CB6DFE4C775.jpeg
    94C09555-C663-4123-8D39-0CB6DFE4C775.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 64
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I’ve never seen jets like this before where can I buy others for tuning
They look similar to a honda gx series jet. You need to measure the thread diameter with a set of digital calipers in millimeters. More than likely they are a metric threaded jet. That will give us a better chance of finding them. Sometimes also your replacement jets wont look the same as the originals.

yeah they look the same. the only ones I can find that are in stock though are size #95 maybe I would be better soldering and re drilling?

sorry I didn't specify. I am in the UK where parts are much more scarce and these bikes have much less of a following. those predator 212 engines are also not sold here so we don't have parts for those either. maybe I will just put on an old nt carb until I can find good jets that are the right size

Back