Carby Carb relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice.
I don't have the time make my own intakes nor do I need to, I have draw full of them ;-}

40 mph is great for a direct drive, how is it off the line?
Not bad I dont have to use peddles only to start the engine and to stop the bike

40 mph is fast enough for me on bicycle wheeles with 12g spokes I want to go faster I'll get my Harley out lol
I would agree with that my bike was purposely built as a pro street racer and uses mag wheels with dual raced bearings on solid hardened axles and heavy duty everything also 8" brakes.Also I'm currently using a 24mm carb and have 7" of intake that produces alot more torque than the short run intakes I also make my own and that one has an I.D of 23mm and my exhaust is 27mm I.D it's all about getting the flow rates thru it correct.

Attachments

• 2017-07-01 00.23.08.jpg
    2017-07-01 00.23.08.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 160
  • 2017-08-02 00.19.17.jpg
    2017-08-02 00.19.17.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 170
I would agree with that my bike was purposely built as a pro street racer and uses mag wheels with dual raced bearings on solid hardened axles and heavy duty everything also 8" brakes.Also I'm currently using a 24mm carb and have 7" of intake that produces alot more torque than the short run intakes I also make my own and that one has an I.D of 23mm and my exhaust is 27mm I.D it's all about getting the flow rates thru it correct.
That is a nice bike an I agree with everything except the intake but to each his own lol I also have a 99 whizzer that runs great with the carb set up I use along with my 781/2 harley and zx11 kaw all have short intakes the zx11 is a 200mph sport bike lol and it'll do every bit of it too

...and have 7" of intake that produces alot more torque than the short run intakes
I like a longer intake as well, it buffers some of the blow back like a boost bottle is supposed to do.

Actually, a boost bottle might actually help the short intake bike.

That is a nice bike an I agree with everything except the intake but to each his own lol I also have a 99 whizzer that runs great with the carb set up I use along with my 781/2 harley and zx11 kaw all have short intakes the zx11 is a 200mph sport bike lol and it'll do every bit of it too
That's cool all nice rides my current engine configuration is done to make max torque and is capped at 9000 rpm if I were to go to 11-12 grand like I used to the shorter intake would be needed but since now with the gearing used on the street my rpm is low at 45mph the engine only spins 5700 rpm right at the sweet spot where every thing is nice and smooth and throttle responce crisp.Your using stock gearing and a 26" wheel so for you to hold at 40mph the engine is spinning at 9500 rpm witch I've found over the past decade of messing around with these engines they dont like to do for very long unfortunatly, when I used to do screamers I would get half the life span compared to the lower rpm torque engine builds I currently do.I've been running this latest one just over 4 months now HARD every time out it gets riden at least 4 times a week with the shortest trips being 40 miles and a few trips over 100 one way so it's over a thousand miles on it in a short time and thats just this time around the jug is actually 10 years old and has countless miles on it and still has 160 p.s.i. so Im very lucky to have got so much out of it

I like a longer intake as well, it buffers some of the blow back like a boost bottle is supposed to do.

I tryed boost bottles didnt do anything took it off an threw it in the creek lol I go with a tuned expansion chamber lots better an I use 44 tooth sprocket

That's cool all nice rides my current engine configuration is done to make max torque and is capped at 9000 rpm if I were to go to 11-12 grand like I used to the shorter intake would be needed but since now with the gearing used on the street my rpm is low at 45mph the engine only spins 5700 rpm right at the sweet spot where every thing is nice and smooth and throttle responce crisp.Your using stock gearing and a 26" wheel so for you to hold at 40mph the engine is spinning at 9500 rpm witch I've found over the past decade of messing around with these engines they dont like to do for very long unfortunatly, when I used to do screamers I would get half the life span compared to the lower rpm torque engine builds I currently do.I've been running this latest one just over 4 months now HARD every time out it gets riden at least 4 times a week with the shortest trips being 40 miles and a few trips over 100 one way so it's over a thousand miles on it in a short time and thats just this time around the jug is actually 10 years old and has countless miles on it and still has 160 p.s.i. so Im very lucky to have got so much out of it
I use a tuned expansion chamber and have a 44 tooth sprocket on 26" wheeles with kenda koss tires 1.95s its loud as s**t but that way they'll hear me coming lol

Don't know about the witchcraft boost bottle...

Longer intakes should keep velocity high and give more low end torque.

Don't know about the witchcraft boost bottle...

Longer intakes should keep velocity high and give more low end torque.
I tried one long ago, what a joke, but in his case with such a short intake it might actually do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back