CDH67 exhaust question

sherron82

Local time
1:58 AM
Can someone help me with what I can use to stabilize the exhaust, it has a lip on the side for that but I don't really know what to buy, maybe someone please post a link, thanks. The lip is right next my bike frame too

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_133554881_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240225_133554881_HDR.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 38
Can someone help me with what I can use to stabilize the exhaust, it has a lip on the side for that but I don't really know what to buy, maybe someone please post a link, thanks. The lip is right next my bike frame too
You might need to design something and make it yourself.

Love the way it sounds, like the pop pop pop ya know. That motor runs amazing, I'm gonna make it a single speed soon and get rid of all those gears, hell I never use them and they don't wanna act right anyways.

Maybe some steel zip ties
Metal zip ties are meant for holding fiber glass exhuast wrap. it's not strong enough for metal to metal contact. I already tried on my CDH88.

Quite honestly looking at this picture. I would suggest this heat shield i used for your leg. It's $10 and removed the burn 100%. I did heat wrap the pipe however with fiberglass wrap and painted with high temp ceramic coating. https://amazon.com/dp/B07K7DVDKV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

As for clamping th eend to prevent gasket blows, etc. I would highly suggest ditching the weld on the wide. Mine broke in the first day.

Best bet would be to find a clamp large enough in diameter to wrap around the entire expansion chamber. Traditional exhuast clamps like on my RHM can bee seen here: https://rmhperformance.com/products/smolik-performance-minarelli-hybrid

The rubber used is heat resistant. Haven't been able to find a larger exhuast clamp...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Do you have a couple more angles that are closer up to the tab on the pipe used to mount it. Trying to get an idea of how close it is to the frame.

Back