CDI's

gary55

Local time
9:09 PM
Does anyone know if the new cdi with seperate coil Kings is now offering corrects the timing curve? I have 2 bikes with jaguar cdi's and 2 with rocket cdi's that function well, still the one Kings is offering is 1/3 the price. Wonderfull deal if they correct the timing curve. Anyone?

Hello Jaguar. I think we both know what the degree of expertice I would receive by in asking this question to Kings. Like I said, I have two of the Jag. cdi's which work quite well. I very much appreciate the tech. advice you have provided me in the past, still I hope you don't begrudge my seeking knowledge by those with more experience than I in such matters. Thanks again. G.C.

I think his offer of CDIs is relatively new and so hardly anyone has them.
Also even if someone has one they won't know if the CDI advances/retards the timing at different RPM unless they go to the trouble of putting a timing light on the engine and reving it to see how the timing changes. But even then, how would they know how to talk about what they see in a relative way (compared to other CDIs)?
My advice to you is to do just that. But good luck on finding a workable timing light. I wasted hundreds of dollars on buying three of them that didn't work on two strokes. So then I designed my own. see http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/timinglight.html

Thanks again for the input and the shop drawings on the timing light. I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the future as I continue building these things. The folks here love them.

I bought one of gasbikes CDI's and its restricted by its construction it only has 2 inch wires between the coil and the CDI box for one thing. And Jaguar you make a good point, when you said why don't you call them and ask them. Well I did, and I asked them what can you tell me about the timing curve and how does it compare to the Jaguar and the HD LIGHTNING KIT? The guy on a Phone response was well its better than the stock one that comes with the motor kit. LMAO Right. So Ordered one andI didn't test myself, however I gave to some friends and the results were it four stroked out at 7000 RPM'S and then the motor shut down until the RPM's dropped 6500 rpms.And then I red 3 posting on Facebook about. 3 guys that had bought it and within 2 months it burned out. One of them came from Piston Bikes and all it did was back-fire out the pipe. Being the manufacture of the HD'LIGHTNING CDI KIT I will say this if you don't buy mine by the JAGUAR KIT but stay away from the GASBIKE'S CDIs they will fail you and they WON'T WARRANTY IT. or answer your e-mail or the phone.

And one more thing, It's like the old saying goes "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" buy junk and that's what you got.

Four stroking is usually a combo of overly rich mixture and overly advanced ignition. Huffy´s CDI is less adavanced than the stock ignition, and the Jaguar is even less advanced.
My Suzuki 100 had a horrible 4-stroking rat-a-tat-tat combustion/exhaust sound at low throttle just poking along. I replaced the stock CDI and coil (2-in-1) with my Jaguar CDI and a high voltage coil of the right mounting hole distance (nothing special but a decent coil) and after setting it up the irregular combustion problem went away. I know the Jaguar timing is more retarded than the stock timing.

Thanks Jag. I have a Jaguar ign. on the bike. After checking things closer I found that one of the dellortos I have is a 14 and one is a 15 mm. I re jetted them both the same # 68 as when I ordered them they were both advertised as 15 mm. Come to find out just as your info indicated the carb with the larger venturi works great with # 68 while the 14 mm four strokes . So I will re jet the 14 mm with a 67 or 66 to see what it likes. Now I have ordered a sha 16 16 from delortto direct. This should insure getting the proper size carb then back to the jetting game. thanks again

Back