cheapo Chinese tank leaky like sieve!!

Bgnlb

Local time
9:55 PM
I have 2 motorbikes, 3 gas tanks only 1doesn't leak! Because I had the leaky stud welded anyone got the fix for this piece a crap tank problem?

im never go to say this again. doesnt ANYONE know what SEARCH is for?

SOLDER. ACID CORE, or ZINC CHLORIDE FLUX.

a BIG, HOT SOLDERING IRON.

a GALVANISED M5 WASHER.

SANDPAPER.

some INGENUITY/IMAGINATION... :rolleyes:

the fix is to stop over-tightening the tank - the collar under the studs will bend in toward the center when it is too tight and make the studs leak

They weren't over tightened, they were knocked over in the garage. What's with attitude not like you're building rocket ships get over yourself:)

i said what to do. do it. fix the issue. get practical.

always do it, because every tank ive had, has leaked, even before placing on a bike. i do stuff compressed air into these things and check this sort of stuff, yknow...
nothing to do with over tightening at all. those brackets bend simply by looking at them, and uri geller, i am NOT!

sitting behind a screen doesnt fix it. getting your hands dirty...DOES!

Do you talk to people like that face to face?I'm 53 I've been a carpenter for 30 yes,15 yrs superintendent for concrete contractor. I've been riding dirt bikes since 1970,bought my 1st home in 89,raised a family,waiting on some grandkids.you come across as tough guy,hardass who you trying to impress?we're talking about a two bit motor that's basically a hobby. Not some government project that's over budget and behind schedule. Take it easy young man all that stress is gonna put you in an early grave.I'm not hatin on you,I was kinda like that at work.but I found out you get more work out of people when you treat them decent.it'll be ok.

my bike has been laid down several times and I've never had a tank leak. don't overtighten and don't use rubber between the tank and frame

Do you talk to people like that face to face?I'm 53 I've been a carpenter for 30 yes,15 yrs superintendent for concrete contractor. I've been riding dirt bikes since 1970,bought my 1st home in 89,raised a family,waiting on some grandkids.you come across as tough guy,hardass who you trying to impress?we're talking about a two bit motor that's basically a hobby. Not some government project that's over budget and behind schedule. Take it easy young man all that stress is gonna put you in an early grave.I'm not hatin on you,I was kinda like that at work.but I found out you get more work out of people when you treat them decent.it'll be ok.

sorry, its nothing personal.

just sometimes one repeats things over and over and the answers are so bleedingly OBVIOUS.

if you have been in the position of foreman as you say, you should be well aware of just how stupid people can be. im not saying your stupid, not at all.

if you have been superintendent for a concrete company, if you are a carpenter, shouldnt using a bit of solder be fairly obvious? really? can you change the blade on your circular saw? tell the 13mm M8 left hand bolt holding the blade in from a 5/16" unc RH? dont you flinch on the inside and get a tad annoyed when a 4th yr apprentice shoves a brand new blade through a nail for the third time that day? grabs multigrips or a shifter rather than the correct spanner? you said it gently the two previous times.... but somewhere the line must be drawn... tools cost money! im sure youve seen formwork collapse because some fool was too busy checking out the ladies to make sure he was screwing into a main framing timber...

yeah, maybe i got lucky, grew up in a mechanics workshop, always dirty, and my father died when i was 3 months old. i also wasnt allowed near a TV. it was books or nothing. university level physics and chemistry books, mind you...

when i was in yr 3, noone would tell me why a small dc motor from a toy car SHOULDNT be stuck in the 240v AC power point...so i worked it out for myself :) i was frustrated that i couldnt just buy mercury or potassium chlorate at the local chemist as a ten yr old.... strontium? i knew that made fireworks turn red, and sodium created yellow, while still at primary school. sometimes i wish i had concentrated on the maths side of it...

yes, im still alive, i still have all my fingers, and while i can perform miracles for employers...im completely useless when it comes to working for myself, ie starting my own business from scratch. im lazy, unorganised, and scatterbrained :) i also find murphy ALWAYS rears his ugly head :giggle:

we all have our imperfections.

i have been a foreman before. i got sick and tired of management always hiring people with no previous experience, no interest in what they do, and no freaking practical "interviews". easier to just be a grunt and not worry anymore. im not a ticketed welder, but i can get a job as a welder as long as there is a PRACTICAL test... most 5-6G/F welding work DEMANDS it, they dont care if you have no ticket, as long as your work passes the xray/destruction test... ive seen trade qualified people that couldnt change a tap washer or mow a lawn.and as for people that have been to uni and "know it all"...HA!

sorry if i came across as arrogant. real life , i bite my lip and keep my mouth shut. let people work it out for themselves. more amusing that way :) its not me that has to tell them off, or fire them. unless they WILLINGLY WANT TO LEARN AND CAN THINK FOR THEMSELVES. then im the most helpful of people...

dunno why, but ill stick to pouring my own concrete ;) ive learnt that when i want it done properly, only one person will...

Ya I thought about solder,but didn't see as the best possible fix,with the vibration and tension.I'm just not a fan of the design,if it was beefier..you get what you pay for. Inner tube was reccomended by local shop. I came up the self tapping screws,and conduit straps due to backbone shape on nerve cruiser. Thanks man

Back