Chugging along

runit

Local time
4:07 AM
My two new 50 cc motors don't run right.they simply chug chug along .I'm stumped any ideas guys I need help . could it be the angle of my motors
IMG_20220929_153946.jpg

Are you saying it won't rev up? Then the float is too low.

BTW, your retainer clip on your master link is in backward. The closed end should face the direction of travel.

No it will get going .but chugs when first started .do I need to let it warm up more.would it help to rejet the carb .I'm at sea level. Thanks

Plus I haven't even ran the motor on either bike for more than 30 minutes or so.do they need more breaking in to run right

All of these engines are a bit different from one another but generally that sounds about right. From my own experience before mine was broken in it wouldn't run very well at all before it was at least semi warmed up.

No it will get going .but chugs when first started .do I need to let it warm up more.would it help to rejet the carb .I'm at sea level. Thanks
Yea it needs a little warm up time, you can warm it up just riding on some flat ground or let it idle for 5 minutes. Air cooled engines warm up fast when there isn't any air moving over them.

Back