Clip fell into Engine

Mjaquez

Local time
5:51 PM
I was finishing up on my build with one of the piston guard clip slipped out from my pliers and shot into the engine. I have tried everything from hand cranking the engine, having the motor upside down, a magnet, etc. It seems the only left to do is open the engine but I'm struggling to do that. Any advice. If anyone is around NYC area, I'm wiling to pay to get this dam thing out.

I was finishing up on my build with one of the piston guard clip slipped out from my pliers and shot into the engine. I have tried everything from hand cranking the engine, having the motor upside down, a magnet, etc. It seems the only left to do is open the engine but I'm struggling to do that. Any advice. If anyone is around NYC area, I'm wiling to pay to get this dam thing out.
Are you sure it's in there? I've done that before, where the clip bounced off the case and shot off, not in. I was lucky, I found it on the floor 10 feet away, but I had to take a break from searching first.

...and this boys and girls is exactly the very reason why you always always always stuff a rag around the rod before taking off or fitting in a piston. Learned the hard way myself, cost me a brand new forged wiseco piston.

...and this boys and girls is exactly the very reason why you always always always stuff a rag around the rod before taking off or fitting in a piston. Learned the hard way myself, cost me a brand new forged wiseco piston.
Damn. Those Wiseco forged pistons are freakin expensive aren't they? Just a Wiseco piston bearing is $25.

Don't remember exactly as it was before we got euros, think it was sth like 700mk which would be around 110€. For a Cagiva Freccia C12R. Yes it still stings after what, +15yrs...

Back