Question concerning cylinder head bolt studs

sherron82

Local time
3:43 AM
Does anyone know how to get stuck acorn nuts off the cylinder head bolt stud? In the near future I'm gonna do some port work to my bbr engine but when I try to take off the acorn nuts from head the whole stud comes out with it. I used loctite when I first put the engine together, yeah I know it was stupid but that was my first build ever and I'm new to this. I tried wrapping the stud with a old shirt then using pliers to hold it while trying to break them loose but there stuck on it good.

Does anyone know how to get stuck acorn nuts off the cylinder head bolt stud? In the near future I'm gonna do some port work to my bbr engine but when I try to take off the acorn nuts from head the whole stud comes out with it. I used loctite when I first put the engine together, yeah I know it was stupid but that was my first build ever and I'm new to this. I tried wrapping the stud with a old shirt then using pliers to hold it while trying to break them loose but there stuck on it good.
There is a tool for getting those nuts off, but the less expensive way is to put two nuts on the other end and tighten them together and then turn the offending one off. Don't use thread locker on the top just the bottom.

Yeah I realize that now. I've learned a lot since my first build. I'm bout to do some port work to this bbr engine. I got the stage 4 kit. It's ok but not much power as is. But I believe it's got potential with some work. Maybe balance the crank too. See pics...

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_153709050_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231112_153709050_HDR.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20231112_153615421.jpg
    IMG_20231112_153615421.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 35
I've come to a decision and I'm going with the ph85v3. My wife said I could pick one out as long as it doesn't exceed 350 bucks for Christmas. Best gift ever right there. I just hope I'm making the best decision cause I'm gonna be using it to get back and forth to work when weather gets warmer.

I've come to a decision and I'm going with the ph85v3. My wife said I could pick one out as long as it doesn't exceed 350 bucks for Christmas. Best gift ever right there. I just hope I'm making the best decision cause I'm gonna be using it to get back and forth to work when weather gets warmer.
Don't let the phantom idle too long in hot weather. It is a naturally hot engine and letting it idle in the heat can cause it to seize

Back