My avenger phantom hybrid

Soulfly

Local time
4:55 AM
Well got a short ride in not a goid one but it runs. I think that stripped head bolt caused a vacum leak I adjust the idle screw either to much or to little and it wanted to accelerate on its own and on a engine like that on a bicycle it was scary. Other than them head bolt hole being bad the crankcase is good and I really dont want to spend $139 on a phantom 85 crankcase so does anybody have any advice on fixing them head studs? If I go up in size what size and use what studs any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Buy the long heli-coils you need for the cylinder studs you got.

Then make sure not to drill thru the bottom of the case stud boss/casting.

Then install the new heli-coil with some high temp loctite & then break the locking tab off of the heli-coil.

If the heli-coil is too long once you install it, then buff the remaining heli-coil off with a 3m scotch brite pad & a buffer/die grinder.

Buy the long heli-coils you need for the cylinder studs you got.

Then make sure not to drill thru the bottom of the case stud boss/casting.

Then install the new heli-coil with some high temp loctite & then break the locking tab off of the heli-coil.

If the heli-coil is too long once you install it, then buff the remaining heli-coil off with a 3m scotch brite pad & a buffer/die grinder.
Thanks man.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Well guyz, I pulled the cylinder and the piston was gouged rite thru the rings Ill get better pics tomorrow in the light my phones camera is crappy at first I thought Id got lucky for once in this but he$$ no and Ill get a pic of this tomorrow the cylinder was gouged rite at the bottom Im not sure if its junk now 90 sum dollars shot to he$$ Im not sure if Im going to replace it. I felt the power it had and was excited but Im not rich by no means and keep on making them d#@n Chinese money for garbage metal. IDK not feeling to good about it. Like I said Ill get better pics tomorrow and the cylinder.

Attachments

• 20240310_204911.jpg
    20240310_204911.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240310_204855.jpg
    20240310_204855.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240310_204848.jpg
    20240310_204848.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 27
Back