phantom 85 cylinder on a zeda 100

Exactly where have you been getting your information from saying the stroke on the P-85 changed all of a sudden to 38mm from 40mm stroke???...I have both the V-2 and the latest V-3 motors and see zero evidence of this internally.

Also excerpts from the latest V-3 advertisements since they just got more of them back in stock.

"The Phantom boasts a 52mm bore, redesigned, single piece cylinder combined with a 40mm stroke that makes this the biggest, fastest, most powerful bike engine you can buy. The bike engine kit comes standard with an upgraded CDI, the latest performance Speed carb, a reed valve, a double window piston, and a brand new class of high-end exhaust."

• 85cc 2 stroke engine with one piece cylinder and head
  • Reed valve air intake
  • Needle bearing for piston wrist pin
  • High performance Speed carb
  • Angled LD Z8C spark plug
  • Performance magneto
  • Stainless steel allen bolts
  • Better balanced crank
  • Upgraded bearings / 60% thicker crank case around bearings
  • Stuffed crank case
  • Large intake port (40mm bolt hole width)
  • Oversized round exhaust port - 28mm diameter, 60mm stud spacing
  • 40mm crank stroke (more powerful, efficient, and reliable)
  • Double window piston
  • Long rod (89mm)
  • Larger 8mm x 1.25 engine mount studs
  • Approximate engine dimensions: 9" x 9" x 5"
Yes, they should have 40mm but have been coming with a 38mm.

Long rod doesn't equate to stroke. You can have a 38mm long rod, take the AF80 for example. The radius from the center of the crankshaft to the center of the connector rod pin on the crank dictates stroke.

Well I got the engine running with the avenger crank case I run a tap thru the hole but they a crooked to begin with. Anyway Im going to ride it like that till this week or next Ill just order a phantom 85 crankcase to go with the top and chunk that garbage avenger 85. I took it out for a ride tonight I got it to run but couldnt get it to idle but what I did feel of it theres a monster inside of it that wants to get loose. One of the head bolts just turn and wont torqe down I put some loketite on it maybe that was the issue in a couple of weeks Ill fix it with a phantom 85 crankcase and Ill never buy another thing from CMB.

Yes, they should have 40mm but have been coming with a 38mm.

Long rod doesn't equate to stroke. You can have a 38mm long rod, take the AF80 for example. The radius from the center of the crankshaft to the center of the connector rod pin on the crank dictates stroke.
I will ask again since you did not answer my initial question, what is the source of your assertions of the V-3 being 38mm stroke...I own both the V-2 and the V-3 and can tell you this is NOT so.

It's supposed to have a 40mm stroke, but like so many of these engines they tend to come with whatever parts were in the bins during manufacture. I measured my V2 and it was a 40mm. I am sure somebody out there has a 39mm stroke, because that exists too. 2mm of stroke isn't something I am going to sweat too much. You aren't losing anything worth mentioning.

I will ask again since you did not answer my initial question, what is the source of your assertions of the V-3 being 38mm stroke...I own both the V-2 and the V-3 and can tell you this is NOT so.
I have one and I measured it.

Other people who have had it have measured it.

I don't know why you're up in arms about 40mm vs 38mm stroke. Do you not realize that an engine that is supposed to be 40mm stroke very rarely is 40mm on the dot? You may get 39.2mm, or 38.5mm, I have a 38mm stroke crank that is 36.8mm stroke.

I'm sorry if you take this stroke thing seriously because it correlates to your displacement. If you had a 38mm it would make it a Phantom 80, not a Phantom 85.

Go split your case and measure your V3 crank.

It's supposed to have a 40mm stroke, but like so many of these engines they tend to come with whatever parts were in the bins during manufacture. I measured my V2 and it was a 40mm. I am sure somebody out there has a 39mm stroke, because that exists too. 2mm of stroke isn't something I am going to sweat too much. You aren't losing anything worth mentioning.

Exactly. I have one crank where it's the only time the expected stroke was actually it. (Claimed to be 38mm and was 38.0mm) all the other times there is this 2mm +\-, I have a what was supposed to be a 40mm and is 39mm, I do have a 38mm that actually is 36.6mm.

Back