hoping to avoid disaster

Well still on my ride Im resting at the moment but all I can say is wow the only other motorozed bicycle experiance is my zeda100 and as far as power I went up a hill the zeda had to be pedaled to get up it the phantom goes up it with almost no throttle. Im using my old nt carb and I had the Idle scew to tight and Im tring to work it down to an acceptabe idle. When Im through with my ride Ill report back

Well the ride kinda ended on a bad note. The first few time I tried to start it I could here the motor turning but it was getting no fire so I went back home I had spare parts so I changed the cdi,magneto coil,and the magnet.oh maybe I should rewind a bit because it will go in with a question I have in a min.when I inspeced the bottom end when it first come it didnt have the philips head screw the holds the adjusents of the flower nut and the plate was close to falling off. Sense the motor wont start now and when I could get it to start it required a good size hill to start on my question is could possably the no start is a clutch issue I tried to do a search here on a proper clutch adjustment instruction I thing Daimen put it out but I couldnt find it so maybe clutch is not adjusted properly? I did before I done anything change the clay like clutch pads it came with and replaced them what looks to me like a better clutch pad they are solid and thicker. Any thought and or sggestions would be highly appreciated.

Daimen put it out but I couldnt find it so maybe clutch is not adjusted properly?
Follow it to the letter...lol.

it didnt have the philips head screw the holds the adjusents of the flower nut and the plate was close to falling off.
Readjust the clutch again and be sure to get a lock screw for that flowernut or it will always just loosen up all over again,,,You cannot get away with not using that lock screw.

Follow it to the letter...lol.

Readjust the clutch again and be sure to get a lock screw for that flowernut or it will always just loosen up all over again,,,You cannot get away with not using that lock screw.
Oh I followed it to the letter the last time I used it and it worked great thats why I was looking for it earlier and thank you. I had a spare srew I put it in as soon as I seen it wasnt there.

Oh I followed it to the letter the last time I used it and it worked great thats why I was looking for it earlier and thank you
See...lol...I keep telling everyone that I am more than just another pretty face around here...lol...lol.

porco-wet-lips.gif

Back