(CNS series 2), or older "Speed Carb?"

geebt48cc

Local time
7:37 PM
Hey gang...

Let me ask this simple question? Do you think it would be worth while to take off my older Speed carb for the new style CNS carb to better overall performance? I've got two bikes, one 48cc with CNS, and 66cc with Speed carb. I was thinking if it would be a waste of time to put the CNS on the 66cc?

The CNS carb runs ok, but I just wondering:unsure::excl: if it would add a bit more kick than Speed carb on the 66cc??????

Thanks........... (Would it be a waste of time to switch?)

Last edited:
The CNS is carb is not newer. It's just the carb off of a pocket bike and unless you run all the necessary vacuum lines to the tank and intake, capping off those nipples just makes it less useful than the speed carb it's replacing.

O'yes it is, newer for me. I've had for a couple of years on shelf, because it never wanted to work as well as the Speed carb. So, been reading and you can make (so I think) the CNS carb to function. The reason I shot this post, was to see if it would still be a waste of time? Wonder if it would supply a bit more torque???

The CNS is not a pocket bike carb.

It's the newer style Grubee carb which many people have had a world of aggravation with.

Stick to the speed carb.

TiM

Understatement of the day is aggravation with the CNS world. Yes, I believe that the Speed Carb wins.......................

Glen

Back