Cylinder gasket thickness

MinimumVK

Local time
10:02 PM
Hi! Does anyone by any chance know what the thickness of a stock YD100 cylinder gasket is? Thanks!

Hi! Does anyone by any chance know what the thickness of a stock YD100 cylinder gasket is? Thanks!
I dug out a spare gasket set and measured with my calipers. The ones I have are .0625 inches, or 1/16th.
Since your in Slovenia, it is the metric system for you...Each bottom cylinder gasket is 1.5875mm...Most YD-100s I know use 2 bottom gaskets so your equivalent bottom gasket thickness needs to be at 3.175mm before compressing it down when torquing the cylinder back down on top of them.

I am surmising your having to make your own gaskets in Slovenia.

What if you would use 1 gasket? Would the port timing be off? On one of my YD100s there was only 1 gasket and it runs pretty good.

What if you would use 1 gasket? Would the port timing be off? On one of my YD100s there was only 1 gasket and it runs pretty good.
Turn the engine over and look in the exhaust port and see if the piston is still visible in the port.

Turn the engine over and look in the exhaust port and see if the piston is still visible in the port.
yes you can see a little bit of the piston... If i understand correctly its best that its not obstructing the port but the engine has plenty of power and revs up nicely.

Back