49mm piston question.

Trek 700c 100cc

Local time
3:15 AM
Hello, My piston likes to scuff the cylinder when operating at high rpm.

The cause of this , I think, is cheap quality piston that expands too much under heat.

I heard a china doll 49mm piston has more thickness thus having less expansion.

I don't know where to get one of these pistons, any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks for reply. I have a 100cc engine, that how it was listed when I bought it.

But its not 100cc because it's 49mm bore. It's just a way for them to sell more motors I think(to say 100cc!!!)

Thanks for reply. I have a 100cc engine, that how it was listed when I bought it.

But its not 100cc because it's 49mm bore. It's just a way for them to sell more motors I think(to say 100cc!!!)
Uhhhh ok let me try and explaining this differently.

Yes, it is a "100cc" because it's a 49mm bore. Just as if someone said "I have an 80cc" we would know it's a 47mm. Even though none of these engines list their true displacement, if someone says "I have a 100cc" then you know it's a 49mm. The only other option is a 50mm, but those are categorized as "YD100" where people will just flat out say "I have a YD100"

Do you have a link? Because even though the YD100 is a "brand term" used by CDH, similar to how there is no such thing as a CDH110, but CDH sells the 85cc "110cc" and then CDH just resold it with their name in the title.

Link would help. If you have a round head, then it's 49mm. If it's a one piece cylinder (no removable head) and is square at the top, it's a 50mm "YD100" and even then, there are tons of kits that are "YD100" but are sold as a "100cc"

This is why I was asking if it's 49mm or not. There is a way to tell. The fake displacement listed is the way to know bore size, there aren't many models, it isn't too hard to figure out.

Yup, its all marketing gimmicks
That is based on Chinese measurements. Your actual CC's, depending on actual rod stroke attached is likely a 72.5cc to 76.
Just ask Google gaga bore and stroke calculator.
To further show that Chinese measurements are full of §¥|@, a 38mm stroke by 47mm bore if actually around 68-68.2-5cc. That's 68.2-68.5cc's. not 66-80.
Only the phantom ZT MOTO is close to the actual 85cc. That is, if it is truly a 40mm stroke from BDC to TDC. I tore a brand new 1 down, mic'd it out and it was a 39mm stroke. That being said, was a 82 CC engine!

Back