YD100 to phantom-85/ms460 conversion

Sloppyslopster

Local time
3:34 AM
Hey guys!

As per the title I'm thinking about converting my ld/yd100 to a accept a phantom 85 jug and an ms460 piston. A while back I asked a question regarding the wrist pin in my engine and turns out, according to ImpulseRocket, I have a "rare" yd100 with a 12mm wrist pin which can accept ms460 pistons. Along with that I was also informed that the phantom 85 jug, if I recall correctly, is based off the yd100's 50mm stud pattern.

As to why I'm doing this. My entire head and jug setup is just crap. I currently have 2 base gaskets and 2 head gaskets that just barely clear the piston and head. The ld100's exhaust porting is WAY too much and it's hard to make gaskets work. But basically TLDR it (probably) has leaks I can't seem to fix (I've made also made several posts about my leaking issue and how they've just been adding up on this damn thing) and the bike just runs like crap and it won't run long enough or well enough for me to check leaks. (Also wondering if I should just scrap the engine and just get a new one because the engine is a bit lower quality and I could just swap the rods.)

But the main reason for this is for me to get a warmup for a minarelli build I'm planning to do in a about a month or so. I'm going to try and do the whole deal on it like porting, custom pipe (probably just gonna buy a mz65 premade pipe lol), racing clutch, etc.

Here's a cylinder piston combo I found online that I thought would be good, but let me know what you guys think!
https://www.bicycle-engines.com/ztmoto-phantom-85-bicycle-engine-cylinder-kit/

Sorry for the crazy yapping just wanted to give all the details on my planning!

Thanks again guys seriously :LOL:

It should basically bolt together then. Just make sure to check the squish gap after assembly. It seems to me alot more yd100 bottom ends are coming with a 12mm pin. An mz65 pipe will not bolt up, you should instead also order the phantom 85 exaust from bicycle-engines.com also

It should basically bolt together then. Just make sure to check the squish gap after assembly. It seems to me alot more yd100 bottom ends are coming with a 12mm pin. An mz65 pipe will not bolt up, you should instead also order the phantom 85 exaust from bicycle-engines.com also
Yeah I heard there’s a specific pipe that goes with the 85. The mz65 is for my future Minarelli build.

Hey wait I just realized is the ld100 jug conversion compatible with a 40mm rod? Maybe that's what's causing my clearance issues?

Back