Do we want to "officially" organize?

Do we want to "officially" organize?

• Total voters
indiana meet

when and where is that meet up in indiana??? I sell fireworks during the 4th of july season.....is it after that?

zekej said:
Have any of the members of this site had any experience with the "wow where did you get that" factor yet? If so, how much?
are you kidding me? i have to allow an extra half-hour for that just to go grocery shopping, and when i roll into our local watering hole...well, guys go back inside to drag their buddies out for a look, too 8)

one sunday morning, i'm putting around a curve doing about 35, here comes a harley rolling up from the other way...he durn-near broke his neck checking out MY ride :devilish:

zekej said:
At any rate, If any of you are on the same wavelength as me and feel like we need to build up a strong rider base in order to form regional clubs, shoot me an email stating as such.
that's the plan, stan...but why bother with the email? keep it right here so we can all watch (and help) it grow 8)

augidog said:
WANTED: moddy/volunteer to help develope, organize, and operate a "publicity/mail list/newsletter" thingy.
wink, wink, nudge, nudge :)

Sweet

That's pretty sweet about the harley guy....Everything I've read on this site for the last two days has been awsome. It's a bit like coffee (*winks at augi*) though, I stayed up till 4 last night reading. I've got an engine on the way and I'll keep you posted.

Good point about the email thing.....let's keep it here that way we can network better.....It's a habit I have because I forget crap so I get everyone to email me and then I'll go back and check it without hunting around for it....

As far as a newsletter thing, I'm as computer illiterate as they come. I have someone that takes care of all our web stuff for both the coop and the scuba club. With that said, I'd be more than willing to write articles or the newsletter itself as long as someone could get me an email list.....

Thank a ton for making this site, it looks like i've found a new hobby!

happy motoring
Zeke

wheeling and dealing

Z, I could take 3 of them

also guys I have just gotten the ok to sell UNIK, ultimate Ride,just us, sunriders, silver bike, and highway hawks, leathers and bags so if you can get the prod # I will sell the idem to the guys on the site for a little above my cost + 5.$'s shipping ....example I bought a sissy bag that fits perfect on my handelbars for $8.00 + shipping in the stores they go for 35+

if you send me the # I can get you the price and we can see if we can get a good price . send or post e mail address in case I can not sign on the site this puter gets funky at times ...

Cookie

Re: wheeling and dealing

Cookie said:

also guys I have just gotten the ok to sell UNIK, ultimate Ride,just us, sunriders, silver bike, and highway hawks, leathers and bags so if you can get the prod # I will sell the idem to the guys on the site for a little above my cost + 5.$'s shipping ....example I bought a sissy bag that fits perfect on my handelbars for $8.00 + shipping in the stores they go for 35+

if you send me the # I can get you the price and we can see if we can get a good price . send or post e mail address in case I can not sign on the site this puter gets funky at times ...

Cookie

What is the site for UNIK....I might want some of the stuff.....

mzj0612@ecu.edu

Zeke

Re: wheeling and dealing

Cookie said:

Cookie

3 of them? What's your zip so I can figure shipping and let you know what they'd cost you.....

What is the site for UNIK....I might want some of the stuff.....

mzj0612@ecu.edu

Zeke

I say HELL YA! to the organization idea. I could help with planning of rides and organization of those sorts of things, I've planned trips as well as events plus I think that stuffs fun.

One major thing though that I think has been skipped is since there is very little legislation regarding our hobby and one day there most likely will be, it would be great if there were an organization to represent riders. Also somewhat of a governing body giving us a code of ethics for the road, much like this site but more official.

On the flipside.... in order for the group to thrive, we would have to recruit, therefor there would inevitably be more riders....more riders=more attention.... more attention=legislation. An organization can help when major direct legislation comes but it would also bring it on faster.

this has been veiwed over 1000 times and only 24 votes , it just go to show that only a few people even care whats going on. sad just sad!
:(

cool

well it took mich here to bring this post to my attention...I voted so there are 26 now...i agree with mich, cause we need at least a code of ethics for the ones that posses MBc on their vehicle that we are respectful and mindful of the law as if we were a motorcycle, there will be others like brian semones who might try disruption.. There is allot about green power and even though these 2 strokes are bad they are less bad parts per million than say a honda...soooo...we need to convince our senators that if the crap hits the fan we all ride on capitol hill somehow! At least with an organization behind us would be more powerful of a message.???Don't want them to ban us! :(

I have said this before
If we are the first motoredbikes they see...it is up to us to leave a good impression
Otherwise they will legislate us to death...just like they did to mopeds in the 70's

Back