Does this sound ok?

My bike peg is 1 1/8 inches in diameter or 2.8cm. Is this big enough or should i get something that is like 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inches in diameter?

Last edited:
Well i took the covering off the motor so i got the motor with a shaft sticking out of it. Its a circle shaft with a square hole ( alen key sorta thing ) through it so ill get a thing made up by my dads friend that goes from a square to a thread so i can screw on the bike peg, it has 4 screw holes around the shaft which use to hold on the covering so ill mount a metal plate on it for mounting. This is the pic of my mounting. You can see on the left i have little slots, that way i can put the thread into those slots then tighten it up with a nut on top so i can change the position of the motor.

I started ( well tried ) to start the motor all up, it started then ran for 5 secs then turned off, me and my dad are like "what the **** is happening "? so we have a look, the fuel line had cracked so my dads like here's your problem, he touched it and it all cracked into little pieces. Its really old all the fuel lines had hardened up and cracked so my dads getting new fuel lines tomorrow. Me had a look at it with the fuel line off and the little bit from the fuel tank to the fuel line was all clogged up so only the fuel that we pumped into the tube got through thus running for 5 secs.

Ill get the mounts set up tomorrow, i got an extra brake lever so ill use that as a throttle, i got a long brake/ throttle cable, so its all coming together. Once ive mounted everything and ive gone for a few runs ill paint all the bike up so it looks really nice. My roller is a bike peg, its really really grippy, its 2.8cm in diameter ( 1 1/8 inches ). Should this work well, if it doesnt ill get a bigger one made up later on, 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 inches in diameter.

Thanks for all your help so far guys, ill get some pics up soon.

Attachments

• Engine Mount Plan Better.jpg
    Engine Mount Plan Better.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
well i got new fuel lines today, a new fuel tank and a new primer bulb as the original did the same as the fuel lines ( cracked ). I found out that the primer actually wasnt hooked up properly it went from the fuel tank to the primer, out the primer to the motor. Its suppose to go back into the tank after going into the engine or something so i got a new fuel tank with 2 holes in it. I got it all in, tried to start it, got it started twice went well ( so fast and loud!! ) but i think the spark plug is fudged so ill get a new spark plug then ill make the mount, fit the roller and im done.

ive decided to make my design a little easier and cheaper so instead im going to make my mount wood and pretty much the same as this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_60MiqMQTmE

but im going to make it so i can adjust the height, so a metal U bracket on the bike then join that to the wood so it can move up and down, cut a circle in one side and mount the motor, Drill holes all up the sides at the back then have 2 metal bars going up from the back where the wheel gets mounted and then they hav a bolt on them, then i put the bolts through one of the holes then tighten with a nut. It will be very strong and i have all the stuff there, 10mm to 20mm thick wood and all the metal bars. All i have to worry about it mounting the roller but that should be easy.

Back