Dyno testing 'performance mods'

was wondering if you could test different oil ratios, there seems to be lots of opinions on the subject and it would be nice to have some confirmation.

thanks
I find different engines like different ratios. 32 to one was too much oil for my bt80. It like a 36 to 1

Morning!

I've been stretched pretty thin lately, catching up with work, slashing paddocks, flood damage and then a 2 week heat wave.

I hope to get some spare time after Xmas to keep of tinkering with the bikes. The wife's xtrail just did a head gasket so that'll take up more free time.

Not sure on the avenger85. I'll wait it out and see how real world testing goes. I've already seen one post of a full top end melt down. It's sounding a lot like the early phantoms.

Morning!

I've been stretched pretty thin lately, catching up with work, slashing paddocks, flood damage and then a 2 week heat wave.

I hope to get some spare time after Xmas to keep of tinkering with the bikes. The wife's xtrail just did a head gasket so that'll take up more free time.

Not sure on the avenger85. I'll wait it out and see how real world testing goes. I've already seen one post of a full top end melt down. It's sounding a lot like the early phantoms.
Another guy that runs 50:1 from the cradle, but now it's in the grave.

Morning!

Im going to stay up to date with my Avenger, so far it runs excellent, and yes it was very toasty the first half gallon (I got a burn on my leg to prove it), but it's cooled down a bit since then

Definitely being careful not to rag it out, I wouldn't be surprised of a meltdown if you just went ape on it brand new, it makes some power and power=heat, big cooling fins or not.

Definitely an engine if you are a betting man.

I got a new cylinder and put it on a YD 100 bottom end because of air leak at crank seal. I also used a 2 ring piston and have run it to 9k rpm. Also am running a #65 jet because of 4-stroking with the #70 jet. The rivets will get loose on the exhaust, so I tack welded mine. Also, how was your squish? I had to remove 2mm from my cylinder.

The more I think about it, the more sketchy it seems.

Cartridge start for the 66cc...

Plexiglass magneto cover as the piston must be in a specific location atdc. Approx 250cc of gas generation per charge so depending where in the cylinder the piston is, peak cylinder pressures will be no greater than normal operating pressures. At 90deg ATDC, I'd expect around 8bar / 110psi.

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_141249520_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240127_141249520_HDR.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240127_143855796_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240127_143855796_HDR.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20240127_144053849.jpg
    IMG_20240127_144053849.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 44
Back