Engine Starting Problems

russell

Local time
1:18 PM
I have a 49cc engine which i had problems with because the small end bush had worn. The rings were seased and the piston was touched too. I opened the engine and took off all parts to check for tiny bush material in the crankcase. Next i bought a new piston, rings and a bush. When i come to start the engine i need to keep pedalling to help it to stay functioning. I increased the idle and it used to stay functioning at idle but when i try to drive it on the clutch it stops. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Intake leak? Poor fuel flow to the carburetor? Clogged fuel jet in the carburetor? Bad spark plug or spark plug wire/ spark plug cap? Air leak at crank bearings?

Thanks, I really appreciate:). It can be intake leak because i found petrol out of the engine under the carburetor. I changed the spark plug too and took out all parts of the carburetor and cleaned them by air pressure. Now i check from where it is leaking. Thanks again mate.

If you have fuel underneath the carburetor I suspect that you either have a mal-adjusted float, it is set too high, or some crud got in between the float needle valve and valve seat preventing it from closing all the way. Are you using an in-line fuel filter? The factory screen on the fuel valve is not really a good filter at all and lets all kinds of crud pass through it. An in-line filter is highly recommended.

Back