Exhaust Exhaust Bracket Keeps Breaking

CarlosCostello

Local time
12:37 PM
I had gotten the exhaust bracket online and that had snapped and got that welded and it snapped again so I decided to get a piece of metal but 3 times thicker than the one I had bought and made a bracket out of that it lasted about week and just today it Snapped again if somebody has any suggestions to prevent this from happening again that would be very helpful

That’s interesting I’ll try that but wouldn’t the rubber melt from the exhaust being hot?

On the outside of the exhahst pipe we can, if we want, use certain high temperature "rubber" such as silicone rubber hose to join pipe parts together. As long as they dont slip out.
Sometimes the material wont last forever but that is accepted, and you will get use from it and see how quickly it degrades over time.

On the outside of the exhahst pipe we can, if we want, use certain high temperature "rubber" such as silicone rubber hose to join pipe parts together. As long as they dont slip out.
Sometimes the material wont last forever but that is accepted, and you will get use from it and see how quickly it degrades over time.
Yea that's a great Idea, There is high temp rubber or flex exhaust metal tubes on the market ya can make your own flexable joint.
Cars use em. Have ya made a flex joint yet for a M/B?

I guess I should add, The tail pipe also has to have a bracket from the frame to the muffler. The Flex Idea is good because it will absorb any engine vibration. The automotive industry already dose that.
I know for a fact 1", 7/8" and 3/4" flex fabric pipe is available.
If I needed to modify my Whizzer exhaust I would do it, but I"m OK. My exhaust pipe uses springs to hold it in the exhaust manifold.

This sounds like the engine is moving, the best way I've found is mount it solid, no rubber. Its been years since I've broke a mount, other than my bad weld.

Back