Faker build

Just a temporary build. Minarelli hybrid with Athena Sport 70 top end. It's fast running just over 60 mph on 10/36 with 27" tires (26x2.5 Hookworms are about 27.25" tall). Swapping the vm20 for a Tilloston clone when the return springs get here. Not my favorite bike lol.
20210123_115826.jpg
20210123_185956.jpg
20210118_105658.jpg

That looks pretty damn amazing for a temporary build.

I'm curious about the top end. Looks to me like there's a billet adapter plate of some sort to convert the CG head stud pattern to a Yamaha head stud pattern? If so, that's dope as hell.

That looks pretty damn amazing for a temporary build.

I'm curious about the top end. Looks to me like there's a billet adapter plate of some sort to convert the CG head stud pattern to a Yamaha head stud pattern? If so, that's dope as hell.
The bolt pattern is the same but the Athena cylinder as with all Minarelli vert cylinders are 6mm stud holes that need to be opened up to 8mm and the spacer is to set the cylinder height for the stroke and port timing to line up in this conversion.The head is from RDM Ryan now makes this head and a better crank that excepts a KTM 50 ignition for the billet case versions.

That's a great looking bike brother again! Just curious about pipe choice, have you tried a good two or three stage scooter pipe with that type setup? 11+k with that pipe is a sound of it's own though I must admit LOL.

What forks are those , if you don't mind me asking , I'm building up a faker right now , was trying to find an old girvin proflex fork , but can't find any under $300.

What forks are those , if you don't mind me asking , I'm building up a faker right now , was trying to find an old girvin proflex fork , but can't find any under $300.
The forks are double down bomber forks from Ruff cycles.
Heavy duty 38mm fork tube with disc brake mount.

The forks are double down bomber forks from Ruff cycles.
Heavy duty 38mm fork tube with disc brake mount.
Woo-hoo chrome-moly down tubes never bend those. I have an axle made from that on my cyclecart, hardest stuff to bend into a drop axle I could find.

Back