First Ever Hawaii Motored Bikes Meet!

Sure will, pics and vids! I used to come here on military missions from 1990-1993, and then came back in 2006. I could barely recognize the changes then. 5-7 is the expert, having lived here many more years than I. He was the Lone Ranger rider on the Island, now I am his Tonto :)

Surfrider is still there, it is a gorgeous hotel. I think it has been totally rennovated. My wife wants to stay there one weekend.
http://www.moana-surfrider.com/

5-7 Can correct me if I am wrong, but Sandy's still seems to be the spot for the hot local girls to show off. I am am always impressed when I go!

Do you like Hot Wings 5-7? I vote lunch at Aloha Tower Hooters :) Will skip the beer! No where close to park, but we can chain up in the lot and should be safe.

Last edited:
Sure will, pics and vids! I used to come here on military missions from 1990-1993, and then came back in 2006. I could barely recognize the changes then. 5-7 is the expert, having lived here many more years than I. He was the Lone Ranger rider on the Island, now I am his Tonto :)

Surfrider is still there, it is a gorgeous hotel. I think it has been totally rennovated. My wife wants to stay there one weekend.
http://www.moana-surfrider.com/

5-7 Can correct me if I am wrong, but Sandy's still seems to be the spot for the hot local girls to show off. I am am always impressed when I go!

Do you like Hot Wings 5-7? I vote lunch at Aloha Tower Hooters :) Will skip the beer! No where close to park, but we can chain up in the lot and should be safe.

Hey Ed,

Sandy's is and has always been THE bikini spot for local girls and the young crowd. My daughter and son hang out there with their guy friends and girl friends.
The shore break is always pumping, and there have been several instances of spinal injuries for locals AND tourists. Riptide is very powerful. Parking lot has the beerdrinkers and the smell of marijuana is unmistakeable.

I like Ala Moana Park better. Police have a substation there, and I've never seen trouble. Park closes at 10pm, except for the fishermen who are allowed to be there.

Ed, we can stop at Hooters for Hot Wings on the way back. That should be about noon. We can probably park our bike within sight while we grind.

Now it all depends if we get the Bat signal this weekend and Glen finishes my adaptors.:devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a hard core bodysurfer in my youth, Sandy has a powerfull shore break, I had fun there. I also saw a beach buddy from the main land there, was funny, I only knew him from out in the surf in So Cal and there he was out in the surf half a world away! It's my favorite "small world" story. In So Cal, I used to hit the surf at the wedge in newport. Dangerous break there too.

Had a great ride with 5-7 today! :cool: Everything was nice and smooth, most of the cagers frove with Aloha, which is nice to see. A couple of minor bugs on my bike like the ****er vibrating loose, but easy fixes. I started in Ewa, met 5-7 near Pearl Harbor, rode past the airport, Ala Moana park, into and through Waikiki, out past Hanuma Bay and on to Sandy's. Then we turned around, stopped at Hooters for a break at Aloha Tower, and then back to 5-7's house. I was getting close to bingo fuel, so he was nice enough to splash some dino-juice in my tank to keep me rolling! It was near 80 miles all day for me, most of it at 35+. except the steep hills. The winds were pushing hard at points, but it went well! Good test ride for us. The Island loop is 130 miles, but has some off-road parts. This is a good warmup ride!

Did manage to get a few bikini pics for you guys, so Pablo, please cover your eyes at this point!

Video to come soon! We did roll by the International market place, I pointed the cam in that direction!

Attachments

• 5-7-1.jpg
    5-7-1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 198
  • biker1.jpg
    biker1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 193
  • biker2.jpg
    biker2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 207
  • biker3.jpg
    biker3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 208
  • biker4.jpg
    biker4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 181
  • bikini1.jpg
    bikini1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 196
  • hooters1.jpg
    hooters1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 175
  • point1.jpg
    point1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 257
  • point2.jpg
    point2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 194
  • point3.jpg
    point3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 434
  • point4.jpg
    point4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 188
  • sandys1.jpg
    sandys1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 187
  • sandys2.jpg
    sandys2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 211
  • sandys3.jpg
    sandys3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 197
  • scootcar1.jpg
    scootcar1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 213
Looks like a good time. I hope to see that place again before I'm too old to jump in the water. Thanks for posting all the great pictures.

Looks like a good time. I hope to see that place again before I'm too old to jump in the water. Thanks for posting all the great pictures.

There was a bodysurfing tournament at Sandy's when we got there. You would've loved it.:giggle:

Back