First Gas Engine Kit from Staton

Loud? I have two Mits TLE43 engines. Using an ADA S1 expansion pipe quiets them down, even without a silencer.

Gives more power too, but quite expensive.

I guess everyone has a different level for loudness. All I know is I got my Honda GX35 engine yesterday and fired it up this morning. Wow! What a difference. It's VERY quiet, and smooth as can be. Started on the second pull right out of the box, and after that starts on the first pull every time. Can't wait to get it mounted on the bike.

The only complaint I have so far about the Staton friction drive setup, and I think this applies to all of the other friction drives as well, is that the motor sits on the L side of the bike. I would much rather it set on the R side for that added stealth factor. Bill here on the forum says he has the belt drive setup from Golden Eagle and it mounts on the R side of the bike, so I'll probably go to that later on. He says it's the smoothest and most trouble free setup that he's used.

Last edited:
yeah the 4 strokes are so much more quiet than the 2 strokes. i have a little 31cc 4 stroke and love how quiet it is but don't like the lower power output... 24MPH tops. my feelings exactly about the Staton friction kits. I don't like it sticking out into traffic like that... always afraid someone is going to clip me one day. Since I went with a GEBE I rarely ride my Staton anymore. I think it's the most intelligently designed system out there. I get better fuel mileage and a faster speed on a smaller engine. a big plus is that you can ride it even when the roads are wet. try that on a friction drive and you're going to be spinning your tires alot!

Back