First twenty miles 4/16/2016 the prove out.

• Thread starter Deleted member 25783
  • Start date
That's common sense, more gears faster you can go same with cars. A overdrive tranny will outrun a car without OD because there isn't another gear to go into

And From what I was told the 66/80 actually are the same thing but in the United States measurements make it a 66 and Chinese measurements make it a 80. Since they are from China they are actually 80's, might be wrong but still everyone knows what your talking about when you say 80cc HT

That's common sense, more gears faster you can go same with cars. A overdrive tranny will outrun a car without OD because there isn't another gear to go into
Correct. on a 3-speed you typically get a 30% under drive to a 30% over drive, with 1:1 in the middle.
Some 5-speed internals may be higher, 35%-40%, but in relation to speed it's where that 1:1 ratio is that determines top speed. I usually set 1:1 @ ~35mph at peak power rpm.
Vroom-Vroom bud, gears rock on an MB ;-}

And From what I was told the 66/80 actually are the same thing but in the United States measurements make it a 66 and Chinese measurements make it a 80.
Whoever you told you that is an idiot.
Cubic Centimeters is friggn' volume math.
For a cylinder it is simply Width x Length.

What the Chinese do is measure the entire length of the cylinder, and not the real volume with the piston in.
This is simply to overstate displacement size for marketing numbers and that throws all comparison tests off.

The actual real volume DISPACEMENT with piston in is 66 Cubic Centimeters in the known galaxy, calling it anything other than what it is shows a disregard for facts and I discourage that when I can, as should you.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CHINESE ENGINE WITH 80CC DISPLACEMENT!

THE PISTON ONLY DISPLACES 66CC OF VOLUME WITH PISTON MOVEMENT LIKE EVERY OTHER ENGINE IN THE WORLD IS MEASURED.

Sorry for the rant, but I get questioned at times when I post a bike for sale @66cc and get asked if I can upgrade it to an 80cc like everyone else posts.

I say ENOUGH of the 80cc BS and the end of 66/80cc advertising!
It's friggn' math! It can't be both!

I still like my single speed motor with about a 40 tooth rear sprocket you can still hit 40 pretty easy and you don't have to worry about shifting
Cool, all that matters is what fits YOUR wants and needs, I am just informing you of the options to improve your ride is all.

This is more like what I want and need, a great low end AND speed.
And this is with an unmodified 48cc stroke starting uphill.

I really need to take some videos of what my new small 4-stoke builds can do with gears.
Sure it costs more, and if you never rode a motorcycle or drove a manual shift car it may cause you 'worry' about shifting, but for me it's just natural ;-}

I've drove a manual car but a bicycle with a motor attached is a little bit different, the shift kits are nice but there is something else to break going 50mph on a bicycle

The Sun Ray Gravitones Motor Bike -B.jpg
The Sun Ray Gravitones Motor Bike-A.jpg
[/ATTACH]
Hey, fellow Wisconsinite. Glad you got her going. I can tell you no matter what bike that I get in the future that tensioner is going to be the death of me. I had it come loose yesterday and slightly bend a spoke. It was partially my fault for not tightening it hard enough. So, I really tightened it hard and then I double nutted it with a friction nut along with the lock washer already on there. That sucker ain't moving now unless the bolt strips. I suggest going this far and doing something like this. It takes a lot of force from the motor and 2 safeguards are better than one. Nice weather we are having too.

I have a chain tensioner and motor mounts mounted in rubber that don't scratch the frame and never come loose and are only normally tightened.
I used an old inner tube and it works great. I just cut it into strips and wrapped it as needed. Best idea I've had! Did I mention it does not slip? I also used it on the gas tank.Because the frame is aluminum. I have a 49 cc 4 stroke
Ghost Racer 7G on a Electra Beach Cruiser Bike. I love It! Hello from California!

Last edited:
I've drove a manual car but a bicycle with a motor attached is a little bit different, the shift kits are nice but there is something else to break going 50mph on a bicycle
Hey, it's your bike and your life.
I just showed you options for a better overall riding experience, but if you are hell bent on trying to safely ride 50mph you are beyond help, really.

You might want to watch doing that, it actually increases the amount vibration because it is not solidy mounted and the motor can still flex with the rubber mounts

You might want to watch doing that, it actually increases the amount vibration because it is not solidy mounted and the motor can still flex with the rubber mounts
It is a very thin layer of rubber , (bicycle inner tube).There is no flex, just grip. And it's free if you've ever had a flat and saved the old tube.My bike is buttery smooth at 30 +.But that is just that bike.Yours may vary. An inner tube is the perfect thing for GRIP.Try it you may like it.

Back