Friction generator run off 12v battery.

Also the battery I ordered didn't fit the battery box, so I mounted it under the back of the seat with a few big zip ties.
Did you get an SLA (solid lead acid) or LitPo or lithium ion battery? I ask because LiPo and Lithium ion require a special "charger" with regulator compared to SLA or other regular rechargeable batteries.

The battery mount and location hopefully is temporary. The mount is most definitely going to change, but the location might not, I don't know where else I might put it.

The battery mount and location hopefully is temporary. The mount is most definitely going to change, but the location might not, I don't know where else I might put it.
You need a rear rack my friend, and saddle bags for tools, tube, patch kit, air pump, cable lock, rag, etc
Or use a basket or baskets in the rear

Battery can be mounted on the rack or put in a saddle bag or basket
Maybe the battery will even fit under the rack

SLA batteries can be mounted in any position but I still wouldn't mount one upside down unless it's absolutely necessary

You need a rear rack my friend, and saddle bags for tools, tube, patch kit, air pump, cable lock, rag, etc
Or use a basket or baskets in the rear

Battery can be mounted on the rack or put in a saddle bag or basket
Maybe the battery will even fit under the rack

SLA batteries can be mounted in any position but I still wouldn't mount one upside down unless it's absolutely necessary
I was planning on both of those. I picked up some marine water proof vinyl, would I be able to make decent saddle bags out of it? And I am looking for a rack that will fit the look of my build, I don't really want to get one of the plethora off Amazon. I have a rack on a 70s three speed that has a really slick look I was considering.

IMG_20230105_221003457.jpg

This is the rack I was considering. I love the slick look of it.

OH yeah that's a classic rack (y)

For bags ya might have to add a cross bar so the bags don't hit the spokes
A hard back in the bags always works good too
I always build a frame to keep the bags from going into the spokes. I just slide the frame in the bag and it keeps it stretched out enough to keep from going in. Little angle iron works magic.

Back