Full blown race build with a 212 4 stroke stroker motor that was on a racing go kart running on alcohol. So much compression I cant even pull start it

Local time
7:41 AM
CDC69234-1CEA-45BC-8F49-9E8D01F2F87D.jpeg
11214F63-292D-4D41-86DF-6029A6D4C1F4.jpeg
911A503B-381A-4112-87D0-2A65E28486BE.jpeg
7D94D0C4-676A-4BB1-85CB-1B19BA23A540.jpeg

JC Special stroker motor. Here are some of the first things I would like to discuss Upon this form. Yes I am aware that this will be a death trap. I have been informed that these aluminum frames like to crack. So reinforcement’s and gusset’s will be established after I get it all together correctly. I am currently working on altering the PMR jackshaft to fit correctly. Original it’s supposed to be geared from the front. Instead I will space the jackshaft out more so that I can fit the gear behind the plate. I am also hoping that my manual 3d clutch will fit afterwards. I do have thought’s of integrating a disc brake system on the jackshaft it’s self. Let’s chat 💬 I will keep you guys posted on the progress.

Attachments

• 6AC4DAFB-74B8-4B7E-B2A7-CE93B8E2C472.jpeg
    6AC4DAFB-74B8-4B7E-B2A7-CE93B8E2C472.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 57
Can we see some of these other parts, like your clutch. It will help us visualize the build along with you. Thanks.

I think I would mill 1-1½" off of the back of the bearing support on the jackshaft support plate assembly. Just leave enough material for at least 2 bearings.

Then possibly slot your engine mounting holes more & slightly offset your engine in the bike frame a bit. Just keep in mind that the jackshaft assembly/plate will add a bunch of weight to that side of the bike.

Let's hear about this engine build. What stroke crankshaft 56mm, 58mm, 60mm? What camshaft you running in it? Is it a zero deck engine? What rod length? What combustion chamber size cylinder head? What lb of valve springs? Let the numbers fly! Were under suspense here!!!🤣😂🤣 Thanks.

Did you over fill the oil?

Did you mistakenly set the valve lashes on top dead center of the exhaust stroke instead of the compression stroke?
Jerry, can you tell me just where you are getting any of these questions from, based on the context of this thread submitted thus far???
I don't get what your asking or saying based on this threads context.

Am I missing something here???

JC Special stroker motor. Here are some of the first things I would like to discuss Upon this form. Yes I am aware that this will be a death trap. I have been informed that these aluminum frames like to crack. So reinforcement’s and gusset’s will be established after I get it all together correctly. I am currently working on altering the PMR jackshaft to fit correctly. Original it’s supposed to be geared from the front. Instead I will space the jackshaft out more so that I can fit the gear behind the plate. I am also hoping that my manual 3d clutch will fit afterwards. I do have thought’s of integrating a disc brake system on the jackshaft it’s self. Let’s chat 💬 I will keep you guys posted on the progress.

Jerry, can you tell me just where you are getting any of these questions from, based on the context of this thread submitted thus far???

I think he is going off the title of the thread, "can't pull start"

Being hard to pull the recoil starter can be a result of doing either or both of the things I mentioned. One should eliminate the simple causes before chasing after the complex ones.

Being hard to pull the recoil starter can be a result of doing either or both of the things I mentioned. One should eliminate the simple causes before chasing after the complex ones.
I think you might have missed they "why" it's hard to pull start portion of his post. It's a race motor with extremely high compression. What he needs is a compression release.

think you might have missed they "why" it's hard to pull start portion of his post. It's a race motor with extremely high compression. What he needs is a compression release.
I didn't miss that at all. I've seen way too much builders going through complex procedures only to find out something simple and/or easy to fix was causing the problem.

Just like in the movie Slingblade when Billy Bob ask if the mower has gas in it. Lol Eliminate the simple/easy fix as the cause, before pursuing the complex.

Back