Got it assembled, it sputtered, ran for a few seconds then died

One thing I did notice about the stock exhaust is that the first baffle, (that you see as you look into it with the cap removed), is that it has a noticeable slot cut out of it along its diameter ...lol this is some fun stuff.

I would like to gut the whole thing one day and play with it by shaping a coned shaped piece of metal, (like a funnel), and welding it in place to make a mini "expansion chamber" or simply take a metal funnel and cut the outside of it down and place it inside just as an experiment to prove out a theory, then if it worked out, improve on it later.

One thing I did notice about the stock exhaust is that the first baffle, (that you see as you look into it with the cap removed), is that it has a noticeable slot cut out of it along its diameter ...lol this is some fun stuff.

I would like to gut the whole thing one day and play with it by shaping a coned shaped piece of metal, (like a funnel), and welding it in place to make a mini "expansion chamber" or simply take a metal funnel and cut the outside of it down and place it inside just as an experiment to prove out a theory, then if it worked out, improve on it later.
It works as a muffler after the expansion chamber of a tuned pipe... Then mess around with it because it can be used just not like it's supposed to be

I just drill a bunch of holes in the cap , it seems better air flow makes my engine stronger. Stock seemed too restrictive.

Back