GruBee updated their website

How about a little motored bike pilgrimage to Shaw's motorbike factory in Galesburg, Ks? Maybe we could revive his old foundry??[/QUOTE]

Hey, im in kansas city, Galesburg is near my grandparents old farm. Who is Shaw and is that for real? That is not that far away from me.

Hmmmm....Chinese engines made in the USA....I guess that's like Hondas being made in the US....I guess it can be done....Fire up the foundries!

FYI - Some parts for our kits will be made in the USA! ;-)
(but I can't say for now so it won't look like billboarding)

will you PLEASE quit with the bogus sales pitch already? re-read what you just wrote to see how ridiculous it looks.

so far, it's all talk & no substance, and it's everywhere but where it belongs. you think the community doesn't notice behavior like this? the way you're being, folks are gonna be hesitant to buy from you, if you ever actually have something for sale 'steada just talk, that is.

it's gettin' reeeeaaal old, man! gonna shut ya down if you don't figure out whether you're a social member or a seller. with that kind of post, you're pushing the rules no matter what you choose, and ignoring all my warnings will only make matters worse. i think you should re-think your marketing "strategy" before you strategize your bad self on outta here.

i've re-read this post, and thought i'd make it clear that it looks like a final warning to me.

I would love to find one of those small factories and fire it up- there are hudreds of thousands of skilled americans out of work or in low end, dead end jobs because all our manufacturing went out of country.
Honestly, if someone had the capital to start up and go through the testing bs, well it would be like a firestorm I'd bet. And not for the love of money, but for the love of the bikes, my country, and my fellow countrymen. And there is a need for the low consumption, economical transportation.
During WWII Whizzer was the only one allowed to continue production because they were viewed as an economical mode of transport for the war production factory workers. Rosey the Riveter rode one!
I see a similarity here, in that there is the need for the economical transport.
Augi, you and I have had extensive conversations on this so you know where i'm coming from, but yeah, we're stretched thin and there's a point where something's gotta give.
If only I had more start up capital, and knew how to attract investors. Man if I only knew how the busines world worked...
I'd rock this in a heartbeat!
I could go on with examples of impoverished former middle class workers, who are living in RV's because the only manufacturing job they can get now is production line work manufacturing hamburgers for the masses.
NO joke, G.W. actually called fast food manufacturing (at one point) because they were manufacturing burgers.
To be fair- he later rescinded the comment, buit still my point is clear.
Augi is on the right track here. The only way it's gonna improve is through a grassroots movement starting with a couple of folks and their dream.
It's no different that in the early 1900's right now is the time.
Maybe I'm gonna try...
I'm tired of thinking about it and talking about it- Just maybe I'll try...

Last edited by a moderator:
rif, we are on the same page, seems like we've been in synch since we met...

why don't we try to put a run together to a "hodaka" reunion and show 'em how they can get back into the mix?

Funny, it was about a hundred years ago that the after-market bike engines were first popular!

We are in the beginnings of something here, we are gaining in popularity and each day I tell another person about thatsdax.com.

Eventually demand for the 2 strokes will exceed supply and we will have to get them somewhere. you can't beat the 2 strokes for ease of power & simplicity.

WE need a foundry! I will help out with advertising and promotions any way I can.

Back