Hello from the backwoods of TN!

I have a mountain bike and thought that riding it wasn't bad until I went on a 13mi ride last week. Now I'm thinking about a cruiser too. I had been wanting to take it on a longer ride but after that I probably won't unless I get something more comfortable. I only live 3 miles from work so it's definitely not a bad ride there and back, but 25 miles would definitely be too long for my setup.

Mine is a lot more comfortable now that I have the thick cushy spring seat and the cruiser bars. Also got some big fatty pedals to replace my racing clip-ins. I need a new stem that has at least 3 inches of rise and my bike will be about as comfy as it's going to get. Checked plug (NGK B7HS) at break a minute ago and she was black and sooty! It's been bogging under load and hard to reach top speed. I moved from 3rd notch to 2nd. Quick little ride in parking lot seems like it's pulling harder. Have to wait until ride home for full test. Oh, I need some cushy grips too if anyone has a link to a set that will work with the factory twist or will I have to get a whole new throttle with grip already on it? Man, I love this site and my "hawg"!! LoL!

Picked up a couple new plugs yesterday. NGK BPR6HS Matched the thread and electrode length with the OEM junk China plug. The P stands for protruding electrode and the R stands for resistor. THe guy said it just keeps bike from setting off explosives and interferring with TV's. Seems to run a little stronger than the B7HS. Overslept this morning and had to drive the car. Ugghh!
Bought a motorcycle (aluminum, streetbike) clutch lever assembly while I was there. It's sweet! Nice adjuster on it and easy to pull. I had been using a plastic one of a old junk bike after my original broke.
I drilled three 5/16 holes in the end of my muffler end cap last night too. Seemed to make it a little easier to get and keep the motor "on the pipe". I have had **** getting this thing to do just that! It'll pull strong up until the top of the rpm, then fall on its face. Finesse the throttle a little and I can usually get it to come into power in the high rpm range. New plug and holes in the pipe seemed to help, and no I didn't do them at the SAME time! LoL! New plug, it helped a little. Later last night, drilled muffler, seemed to help a little more. BTW, I'm on the 2nd notch from top on needle. Holla!

Put some planet bike fenders on the "hawg". I love them! If I knew they would look this good on there I would have done it a long time ago. Having hard timw finding a shock fork as the bike is freaking huge! Uses a 210mm length steer tube!! I'm 6'3" and I am on tip toes if I'm sitting on the seat. Also attached a pic of a secondary means of transport I got Saturday. Will be year and a half before he's ready though. LoL!

Attachments

• 09-29-08 bike n colt 004.jpg
    09-29-08 bike n colt 004.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 09-29-08 bike n colt 005.jpg
    09-29-08 bike n colt 005.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 09-29-08 bike n colt 006.jpg
    09-29-08 bike n colt 006.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 88
Also picked up a planet bike pump. It's the little aluminum thingy on the seat post (right side). Haven't tried it yet, but it's got to be better than the Walmart POS I've been carrying!:D

Back