Homemade muffler

Grayling

Local time
9:53 AM
Hey guys i recently lost my muffler end piece while riding, and i couldnt find it and the engine is unbearably loud. i read somewhere on another site that you can put steel wool in the exhaust pipe and then put a red bull can over it with the exhaust coming out the opening near the tab. would this work?

dont see why not...

and worth a shot, almost easier than it would have been to post this thread :p

and then youd have had wings! wings!

Ok thanks, and i cant get to the store until saturday anyway so i thought id ask

My spray paint can muffler has lasted me 2 full seasons now. I tried an aluminum hairspray can first but it broke very fast. This one is actually made from 3 cans. The outside can has the bottom cut off so another slightly crushed can could fit in upside down as a baffle. Then a third can with 3 slits down the sides is slipped in as the bottom piece with a small hole in the center. The three pieces are tied together with 14 gauge copper wire and fitted on the pipe with a 3/4" threaded female copper pipe fitting. Pipe side slitted and clamped with a hose clamp. Inside the can is a male threaded pipe piece screwing into the visible fitting from where the nozzle assembly used to be. I was going to get the copper threaded fitting brazed to the exhaust pipe but the clamp has never fallen off so I never bothered.

Here's a pic:
http://3fixty.com/resources/HTPaintcan.jpg

very good! using paint tins is the way to go :) fruit tins, etc etc etc...

get a blowtorch n learn how to SILVER SOLDER (too easy) two actually...a cooker burner for preheat, a penciltip for the actual soldering process...

dont do it in the kitchen! the wife/mother/other half will be able to reach the knives too easily!

then you can make loverly things like tuned pipes...( wait...why didnt i think of doing that before? ****! )

anyways. hard soldering em together always makes for long lasting easily modified mufflers...

Back