I may upgrade to 4 stroke sometime....

Colonel__Klink

Local time
10:24 AM
Screenshot_20200801-212301_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah..... How about it folks? a supercharged 50cc 4 stroke engine on your bike? Possibly with a jackshaft kit as well?

$11,000, I'd rather buy 2 new KLX250s m/c's.

Oh crap! A few weeks ago they stated $500 I swear! Tbh it's not like a blower is too hard to make anyway, I was gonna have to replace the pully with a sprocket anyway.

Screenshot_20200725-003807_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jointly with the team executives we set a price list of different supercharger kits in accordance with engine displacement - so far it's just an estimate.
1. Displacement - 50cc to 70cc, Price - $11,000, Delivery time - 60 days
2. Displacement - 90cc to 125cc, Price - $13,000, Delivery time - 90 days
3. Displacement - 140cc to 200cc, Price - $15,000, Delivery time - 90 days
4. Displacement - 250cc and up, Price - $20,000, Delivery time - 120 days

Still cool info though. I wonder what kind of added boost/speed it would give to a 50cc motor. Also would it be a better fit for a 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

Jointly with the team executives we set a price list of different supercharger kits in accordance with engine displacement - so far it's just an estimate.
1. Displacement - 50cc to 70cc, Price - $11,000, Delivery time - 60 days
2. Displacement - 90cc to 125cc, Price - $13,000, Delivery time - 90 days
3. Displacement - 140cc to 200cc, Price - $15,000, Delivery time - 90 days
4. Displacement - 250cc and up, Price - $20,000, Delivery time - 120 days

Yeah I hadnt realized that change till you said $11,000. It seems demand is so high that they want to see how much they can possibly charge. So when I first looked at it, $500. Now after they have more orders than they can handle $11,000.

Thats ok as I said, before this I honestly was looking into making a blower anyway.

Still cool info though. I wonder what kind of added boost/speed it would give to a 50cc motor. Also would it be a better fit for a 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

It seems that without valves a stock 2 stroke all you will accomplish is blowing fuel air mixture into your exhaust not achieving greater compression. I originally was looking into making a blower for 2 strokes which is how I discovered this product.

It seems that the only way folks have figured out how to take advantage of a blower on a 2 stroke is to modify the exhaust so you can achieve better compression.

It seems a timed flap to open/close the exhaust is whats needed.

Attachments

• 20200801_225443.jpg
    20200801_225443.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 232

QD5TTKJZWZDO7N4BP72UPVXJ6E.jpg

I saw those too! But the problem is that the 2 stroke has no proper valves. The piston is the valve. So you can build up the pressure of your next charge when the piston is on the up stroke but as soon as that charge is free to enter the chamber its also free to just blow out the exhaust eliminating all pressure greater than outside atmosphere. Fuel injecting won't change that, it just will mean the charge from the charge chamber is plain air instead of fuel air mix.

So the modified chamber exhaust with the expansion chamber are one way to create resistance to all the pressure just blasting out the back end of your engine. This allows greater pressure as the piston on the downstroke forces the charge in the engine. But there are limits to how much you can improve this.

So the idea is a timed gate probably electronic that only opens once the piston has driven up and is about to fire. This way the exhaust build up in the tube is released before the exhaust port in the cylinder is opened again.

When the piston goes down the gate at the exhaust end closes. So even though the exhaust port in the engine is open at the same time as the intake gas is no longer able to escape to the outside world and thereby result in the engine operating at atmospheric pressures.

With that exhaust temporarily plugged the super pressueed charge in the charge chamber would push the exhaust out of the cylinder chamber and into the exhaust expansion area. The back pressure caused by the exhaust being unable to escape any further would result in your fresh high pressure charge staying in the cylinder.

For this to work you need to really carefully plan the exhaust area before the exhaust gate so that you have just enough space for all the spent exhaust to be forced out at the pressure your fresh charge is coming in. Too small and you'll run like crap I bet. Too large and you might as well not have the gate. Then on top of this you need a fool proof 100% trustworthy method of opening that exhaust gate JUST as the piston rises enough to block the exhaust port. Considering this is on a bike, managing a mechanical solution that doesn't have the risk of getting hampered is hard and an electronic version needs something to sense the piston's position as well as something to power it.

Its... a headache. Possibly a worthwhile headache as 2 strokes produce fresh energy with EVERY upstroke. So if you master this you potentially have built a monster but It is a huge series of challenges to overcome. Added: consider that you will have to open and close that exhaust valve 83 to 133 times a second. It's a HUGE challenge.

4 strokes have valves and timing built in so forced air induction is much easier.

So the whole supercharging a 2 stroke thing was a real problem, and i love problems. I love them with a passion which is why I love machines so... So with the secret of "the exhaust needs to be plugged and only opened up at the right time" I began to ponder. How would one solve the problem of timing that valve in such a way that is practically fail safe? Thinking on this I realized that the exhaust manifold before the valve needs to not just be equal to the area of the expanded cylinder but GREATER due to needing to account for the atmosphere already in the exhaust that needs space to compress as well as the exhaust being forced out of the engine by the downstroke of the pistion (as well as the already heightened pressure of the charge due to an installed supercharger. )

The problem actually.... doesn't seem that hard. I drew these up in about 15 minutes.
1596352332727.jpg

1596352287932.jpg

The cam in the exhaust assembly shouldn't be too hard to seal as it has bearings on both ends, which if properly greased and sealed should help keep in a lot of pressure I think. SO the real work is lengthening the crank shaft.

tbh you can solve that simply by drilling into it and tapping it with the appropriate left or right twist theading depending on the rotation of the engine, then use a bolt to connect the sprocket I bet. Thread the sprocket as well, screw it on the bolt till it hits the head, then drill just under that and drive in a pin, bend both ends. That should keep the sprocket where it is.

Hope this all looks pretty good as I haven't actually laid hands on a 2 stroke engine of the style these bikes use yet. I'm STILL waiting for mine in the mail! lol. But if I'm correct this should solve the exhaust valving problem, the quarter circle cam representing the roughly quarter of a stroke that the exhaust should be open. TBH it needn't be open any longer than that as the pressure will force itself out pretty much immediately.

Back