Independence Patch

inspectorcritic

Local time
12:15 PM
Sitting here now just patch my tube with standard patch kit went to put it back on thought take break cuz I hate hell rear wheel assembly look again and my damn tire was flat.
Took the tire off both patches had blown off green slime rubber cement not worth a crap so I clean it up this time use crazy glue looks like the patches are real tuff. Maybe rubber cement suppose to stretch.
But, I thought why no make your own patches out of old inner tube and krazy glue I have had tears in the tube over 1/4" thin patch well bellow and blowout. A thick inner tube could handle the pressure.
So I think I'll try my patch kit see if the glue continues to hold with the road agitation + some bike shops sales worthless scabs for $20.00 for oh maybe 5 patches and they work they want to rob someone in a bind.

i buy tube repair kits from western auto for about 1 dollar and they work very well and are much cheeper and better then the bicycle ones

i buy tube repair kits from western auto for about 1 dollar and they work very well and are much cheeper and better then the bicycle ones
There is no Western Auto in this state and I'm sure they do work well for you.
However, using a inner tube patch well out do a commercial patch to say you have a 1" cut in the tube and your miles from a Walmart store to buy a whole new tube cuz no commercial patch going to stand up to the pressure they'll blow out.
But on make your own your using the same thickness as the inner tube thus its as good as new tube it can take the pressure vs. Thin skin commercial patch.

I'm just worried I take a lot of long rural roads there's no help on them I try to prevent & prepare for the worst scenario.

Back