Its Fall! Dead Korn, Darkness, and Spooky things wooo....add pics of Fall things!

20230922_162204.jpg

Sporting its new bmx bars, reworked front, best pic yet of my urban fatbike playing on the last day of summer.

The Korn is dead...
20230922_153426.jpg

Leaves beginning to turn...oh zoom in check out the redneck volleyball court!
20230922_171856.jpg

And soon, the season nears. The land will be as cold and dead as Van Hook and his buddies behind my bike.
Hope none of them followed me. I thought that name was like a dracula or vampire kind of name, real creepy.
20230922_163549.jpg

I'll be adding more as the spooky season approaches. I hope to get one of my bikes into the mouth of the Bell Witch Cave.
Haven't been there since 1977. Me and friends got real spooky in the back, a union break for the ages. We were teens, so was the guide, it WAS the 70's so there.
😎

I hardly trust these new 2x4's to even build a dog house. Most time they are so fresh off the mill, they have a bunch of dry shrinkage after you build something. That's not that cool when building houses & such.
that and they lack density like old growth lumber. There is good lumber out there, but it's not cheap and not found at most big name stores. I can get my hands on high quality kiln dried dimensional lumber from a local lumber mill, but it's triple the price of anything found at Home Depot. A 2 x 4 x 16 from them is almost 20 bucks a piece.

that and they lack density like old growth lumber. There is good lumber out there, but it's not cheap and not found at most big name stores. I can get my hands on high quality kiln dried dimensional lumber from a local lumber mill, but it's triple the price of anything found at Home Depot. A 2 x 4 x 16 from them is almost 20 bucks a piece.
Yep nothing like dimensional lumber, when you are building something to last. I've torn down a lot of old houses & barns, just for the old dimensional lumber.

Hard to beat old growth Douglas Fir for dimensional lumber, strong and rot resistant. It gets so hard you have to pre-drill for your fasteners. Most of the older houses here are made of it.
Now everything is built with spruce, soft, easy to work with but rot prone. If you want D Fir you really have to pay up for it if you can find it. Most is exported out of here.
My all time favourite is old growth Yellow Cedar. Tough, extremely rot resistant, smells wonderful but costs an arm and a leg. Can be unstable if not perfectly straight grained. Again, most is exported.

Here is a late fall picture of a fir house and another of one of the many bathrooms. I spent four years on it as head finisher.
Not your average shack. Copper roofs and soffits, every stick in it is D Fir. One of the design features is everything inside is in the same plane. Nothing is proud of each other and is separated by a 5/16 x 5/16 reveal.

Attachments

• LateFall.jpg
    LateFall.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 53
  • FirHouse.jpg
    FirHouse.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 52
Back