JNM Poor Experience, ignored email requesting warranty return.

Skyliner70cc

Local time
8:18 PM
I bought a JAG CDI last month and finished my bike a week or so ago. The CDI lasted about 1 minute and died. I promptly contacted JNM motors and requested warranty return/exchange and or repair. They have not replied to my email.

They had no problem taking my money and shipping the product but it appears they do not stand behind their products.

I warned them in an email I'd be posting this message to get their attention. If they continue ignoring me then I will take additional action...

Did you have the blue and black wires incorrectly connected to the Jaguar CDI?

I have had nothing but success with my Jaguar CDI, in fact i'm about to order another two units from JNMotors for friends who have seen the reliability of the jag kit on my bike.

Fabian,
It was wired correctly. It worked just fine for about a minute or so then died. I was very impressed by how easily a brand new engine started, almost instantly which is different experience in past which often required several hundred feet for new engine to start.

It's frustrating when something like that happens - maybe you just got a bad CDI...

By any chance are the wire connectors making proper contact because it does seem strange that the CDI ran properly then just died on you?

The wire connectors are fine and all solder welds are good. At firt I suspected a fuel problem, then magneto but switching backt stock CDI ruled out quickly. I use Anderson Power Pole connectors for quick connect/disconnect and always carry spare CDI/Magneto for fast field repairs

Last edited:
I am a little disappointed with my last order from JN Motors.
They should have shipped out 21 bottles of Grape fuel scent at around $7 each but only 6 bottles were grape and the other 15 bottles were every other kind of fuel scent that i did not order.
Their response to the problem was that i should send the unwanted bottles back, but they did not respond to my email advising them of the shipping cost from Australia to America, which is expensive compared to the rest of the world.
In further discussion they said that i should go out and sell the unwanted fuel scent bottles and make another purchase order when they have new supplies on the shelf.

I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about business, considering i have spent over $1,000 with JN Motors.

I am sorry to hear of their faulty customer service. Let me know if/when you got the replacement CDI. The unreliability problems have been solved with the CDI concerning the quality of parts used, but sometimes the arched wires on the board are not soldered in as well as they should be and with a little vibration they disconnect. With a $10 soldering iron from Radio Shack that can be easily fixed. If anyone doesnt get a warranty replacement from JNM then let me know and I will take care of you.
It is important to secure the CDI strongly to the frame and tape the wires to the frame close to the CDI so that they cant wiggle with vibration and work those solder connections loose.

Jag,
JNM took care of me. I checked my mail box yesterday and with another purchase from them, they threw in a new Jag CDI without me having to return the bad one first. I'll mail the bad on to them ASAP. I'm a happy camper again.

I rewired my CDI when I first got it with heavier gage wire and used some strategic hot glue to keep the wires in place and reduce strain on them. I then installed anderson powerpole connectors (these are awesome and I used them as quick disconnects on almost everything electrical).

Gotta go, I got two Walbro carbs to install on my rides. NO MORE HAVING TO STOP AND MOVE NEEDLE CLIPS WHEN I RIDE OVER A 12,100 foot mountain pass. I can't wait until the snow clears. Eventually plan on mounting a servo arm onto the high end mixture needle and using a servo to fine tune the mixture setting while I ride using CHTs as a reference. May even consider using a carbsmart by CSM for automatic mixture control based on CHT.

Back