Engine Trouble KS Bike Machine Engine 1972

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatBikeMan

Local time
4:12 PM
Good Morning,
I'm new to this forum. I have a really nice KS Bike Machine friction drive (rear wheel) engine I picked up on Craiglist lately. It is really nice and clean and used very little still had the original box.
I installed it on a rat rod bike and started using it
It would start every time for about 2 weeks, then the bike sat for awhile and I went to start it and could not get it going, pulled the plug out and checked seems to be no spark. Just curios if anyone has one of these engines or experience with them?

Thanks for your time in matter.
RatRodBike

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 1,152
Very strange looking engine can you put up some closer pics of the engine we dont need to see the bike (no offence)

Some close up pictures....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 919
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 886
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 821
Is that an NT carb on a 70's model engine?!?!? AWESOME!
I've only seen those on HT engines

I don't have any experience with those kits but make sure where you're loosing spark

Mag? Coil? Plug wire? Plug?

Problem solving:)

I had a quick search and it seems lots of the parts are the same for pb400 or pb300 bacpack leafblowers , apparently if its the type without points you will have to come up with your own fix because they stopped making the electronic type ones in 1980 (just what i read on another forum may not be true) but anyway search around they look like pretty cool engines tho

That you so much zippinaround and Frankfort MB's
For your helpful input in helping me trying to solve my not spark issue.

you will have to open up the case where the plug lead goes and see if its a cdi or points

Points looks like

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 714
Points ,nice you probably just need a new contact brush or might just need to adjust the gap if your lucky.

Adjusted the gap a bit and sanded the contacts on the points. Will try to start it once I get home this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back