Engine Trouble Leaking fresh oil

No way that I have heard of.
Besides which...
The engine worked before you removed the spacer from the intake side. That is all you changed, then it was leaking, so maybe your new seal isn't as good as you think.

No way that I have heard of.
Besides which...
The engine worked before you removed the spacer from the intake side. That is all you changed, then it was leaking, so maybe your new seal isn't as good as you think.
Yah true but it's completely dry around the gasket there. My thinking is that the spacer being removed probably raised the crank pressure blowing one or both gaskets but im afraid to fix it because my last motor; the one I replace with this one, blew out the main seals on the crank shafts you know the one behind the mag. And the one behind the small gear on clutch side because I had case gasket and base sealed very well and don't want to do that again. Here's some pics around the reed valve.
20160507_210329.jpg
20160507_210227.jpg
20160507_210202.jpg

Ah.. Oh well. I'm sure you'll find it after you degrease the outside of the engine. :)
Cleaned the engine up and fired her up in the garage and found the leak. It turns out you were exactly correct. Check out what happens if it is misaligned.
PicsArt_05-08-02.00.17.jpg.jpg
see the gap.
PicsArt_05-08-02.09.33.jpg.jpg
and the gaps with the spacer up sidedown.I've been looking at this spacer thing and it appears to help aligne everything.
20160508_140813.jpg
No gaps.
It also seems it could work something like a heat sink so all the heat doesn't go to the reed valves which are plastic. So basically it's going back on, there was no real gains from removing it other than a leak.

If you look at the last pic you can see all the lips that will cause turbulence, so I marked and filed everything to match so it would be nice smooth entry into the engine. Sorry no pic after.

Glad to see you found it, and that's good info for other builders too. :)
It is my main goal when posting is to ultimately let others learn from my mistakes and to have info out there for others to find. I have not come across any of these engines or carbs or reed valves in the threads so now there's a little something.:eek:

Back