Lean, Rich, what is going on

I saw one exactly like that here in Alamogordo that a guy was riding and stalled out on him in the middle of an intersection when the light turned red on him.

I stopped to help him out.

I immediately whipped out my tools, took the upside down filter housing, literally poured out the accumulated oil, It was half full, took a rag out of my rear carrier and sopped up the totally oil fouled sponge filter for him and then put it back together...It started first time and spit the crap out that went back down the carby and cleared itself.
Makes sense, but I can also solve that problem with a small drill bit.

I see the air filter is on upside for clearance reasons. It would more likely be okay. There’s a bunch that don’t even use them. I’d just cut the bottom off of the holes and use it the right way. Simple fix.

If he has a stock China Girl setup over there in Lithuania with the stock carburetor, he is only going to have just the ONE and ONLY jet on an NT or JRL BoFeng carby that come with these...The #70 jet is what comes stock with those carby's.

The Highest elevation in the entire country is only 694 ft. so I do not think carb jets would be too much of a factor in this, but just adequate needle adjustment as well as making sure there are no air leaks.

(The only reason I know about Lithuania, its 30 islands in its lakes and rivers, and its elevations, is my late step father was Lithuanian...lol.)
Hi again 😁

I've ran a few tanks and the plug is still looking lean. Today the bike started okay and then it started blubbering, leaking fuel and smoking like crazy. I've turned over the air filter and it seemed like it eas fixed but then when i was riding it started bogging when i was letting of the throttle. Is this a problem with the fuel system or what? 2 days ago it ran fine

I think you will need to see if the float in the carburetor is stuck or if there is dirt/debris in the carburetor bowl or the needle valve as this could cause the carburetor to flood on you leaking fuel out the airfilter etc...I would start there first.

And just as general maintenence, be sure to retorque the head bolts on the motor in an X pattern to maintain good head gasket and bottom gasket seals as any air leakage there can also cause some problems...this has to be done everytime you heat the motor up for at least the first 200 miles as they loosen up...make sure to do this type of torquing only when the motor is cold.

Back