Loud pipes save lives

The loud pipe crowd will screw us all by getting "stock exhaust only" laws passed.

if you run a stock pipe then a law gets put in that you can only have a stock pipe how is that any loss to you??

Yes I have a loud pipe but I also where a motorcycle approved open face helmet tough jacket tough pants and steel cap boots. (the boots and pants ive got to where to work anyway.

Hi all.
I live in Newzealand and our laws are a little different than in the U.S., 97 decibells.
Appart from all the philosophical arguments on this subject I love the throaty sound of my exhaust. it's just an adrenalin rush. But then again I'm aproaching my second childhood. When I get to senility I don't think I'll be riding anymore so I'm enjoying it while I'm able.

Old petrolheads never die they just loose their cubic centimetres.

I can definetly see some annoyed drivers running them off the road if their pipes are loud enough.

So... is it ok to run someone off the road if they are too noisy?

I've never really understood how all the noise can be behind you when riding. The MB doesn't travel anywhere near 740 MPH, and the sound isn't directional. I can always hear a loud motorcycle on the road when it's behind me. (and that's in my truck which while it has a muffler, there is only so quiet a 20 year old vehicle can be made) The exhaust is pointed backwards in most cases (Although mine is pointed down-and-back) but part of the reason it makes noise is due to the hot exhaust gases and sound pressure waves escaping into the air, and that happens in every direction.

That said... I don't want my MB to be noisy, because *I* would get tired of it soon enough. But I'm not going to get too upset about everyone's loud pipes. Now... cars playing loud and irritating "music" with vulgar lyrics at full volume...

-Mark

Back