Mini Turbo

Ooh, ooh, I know! How about one of those 4WD air compressors? That compresses air, so chuck a 12V car battery on a rack on the bike, get the biggest compressor you can find and fit it instead of the air filter using plastic piping. It would look really good and make a supercharger type noise as well- especially if you put some sand in the bore of the compressor first to make it squeal.

Might work about as well as the electric supercharger kits for cars on ebay.

Can't believe this thread has been going so long- didn't start on 1st April, did it?

Why not ditch the compressor tank (added air for what reason?) and the electric motor and hook the shaft on the compressor up to a sprocket and the engine? Make a supercharger.

Besides, then you have a compressed air tank and an electric motor to play around with.

Like the way I look at it, if you are going to add all that weight you're better off with just getting a bigger, badder engine. A full air compressor+car battery is going to be another 30 or so pounds. A Lifan 125 cc engine will cost less than the compressor/battery combo, and weigh less too, even if you reinforce the frame.

That being said, I think forced induction on a 50cc or less would be good, if only as a way to have the thing legally be a moped. But if your doing forced induction you should keep the weight down.

Does anyone know about doing a slow nitrous bleed? It's come up afew times before, but the idea is rather than just using it for random boost every now and then, you have a smaller amount going at all times.

On a similar note- adding nitromethane to the fuel mix...think it would do anything?

Back