Moop Two!!!!!!

I didn't want to do it,but I did.
RIP MOOP. :( So many memories.
So many mods.
Even with that tractor seat after a while by back would hurt riding MOOP.
Funny though when I talked to MOOP he was actually okay.
I think MOOP is the engine more than the bike surrounding it.
MOOP knows I'll ride him more now.
Ah the memories... NOOO!!!.jpg

And now...MOOP TWO!!MOOPTWO!!.jpg
MOOP TWO was a challenge in that I have my host home guy with me and I have no gas in my truck and I only have 10 bucks to my name this week so no going to the hardware store. So this entire build today was from parts laying around. Yesterday I got some hardware I took my client with me and had just enough gas in my truck.
So first challenge was the front mount. Simple fix. Plate is a concrete divider something comes in a box of like a thousand dude just gives me a few because you can't price per piece.Photo0285.jpg I used an old tire liner to protect the paint actually and offer some vibration dampening.
Then some of you remember how I did MOOP's clutch cable. I needed to fabricate a frame holder so I can keep the clutch cable without having to make another one. Here's the result.clutch.jpg
I kinda don't like how the cable is rubbing like that on the engine but it's working well actually. Here's the clamp: clutch mount.jpg
I also had trouble with my chain. It was too short! And my chain breaker is BROKEN!! But with a nail,hammer and a 2x4 with a hole in it,I got her done!
I really should add a link to that chain,though Clearances are pretty tight.
Then when I finally got her all done I needed a fuel line for the original one is too short! So I took a bit from that Boost Bottle and now actually that's the way that bottle is supposed to go anyway!
Here's another shot of MOOP 2!!MOOPTWO!jpg.jpg
And the thread that explains a bit as to how I acquired this bike and will give some history as we discover it.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=13112
So I took it for a test run, Right away there's some vibrations happening above 15 mph. Gotta tighten down those mounts. Maybe rethink those tire liners. This is an old frame so the tubes are rather thin. I need to keep from having my engine go side to side which is what it's doing. I remember a post here about a head bolt mount to the frame.
I may need to do that.
Other than the vibrations and the mounts it feels so different. This bike is so smooth. And it has a different personality. I like it alot.
It may be safe I'm thinking to have that vibration at speed for this bike only has a coaster. I kinda don't want to add a front brake. Maybe a drum front.
I want a drum front on Cronus too.
So what am I gonna do with that Diamondback?
For now it's going in the parts pile. :(
But MOOP lives on!
MOOP lives on!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wanted to keep that old style seat on there but it was constricting my family if you will! But this seat for this bike is WAY MORE comfortable!

THANK YOU AGAIN ZOMBY!!

I do have plans for the other seats. They are all better than the ones I have.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Attachments

• 1MOOP2.jpg
    1MOOP2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 2MOOP2.jpg
    2MOOP2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 273
Family Values

No prob Large Y. W. Good to see they found a good home. Yeah that hairpin was trying to be too close a member of my family too! You have to rock it back so far to make it comfy that it looks like it is ready to start a family of its own. LOL..

HAHAHA!!!

Here's a recent mod. I installed a light up front thank you Norman!
Photo0425.jpgPhoto0421_1.jpg
It runs off the white wire. I cleaned up my wiring since but it's working pretty good. The switch is a micro switch from Radio Shack.
Here's the light at night. Photo0428.jpg

I had to move the gap of my plug a little closer but the magneto's handling it rather well! I rarely ride at night but when I do it's nice to know I can see!

Oh wow. It seems like it was a long time ago since this thread. MOOP 2 lost a crank bearing a while back and Duane from DAX struck me a deal on some engines. So MOOP2 has been collecting dust because of me enjoying Cronus and the Buggy bike.
I'm doing the mounting a little different this time. My bolts kept breaking off from the front mount I'm thinking because you need the motor mount to actually hug the frame.
I'll probably get it all done up this weekend.
Each bike has it's own engine now,btw.

Attachments

• Photo0897.jpg
    Photo0897.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Photo0898.jpg
    Photo0898.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Photo0899.jpg
    Photo0899.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 248
  • Photo0900.jpg
    Photo0900.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 275
MOOP2 is back on the road! That engine in the other pics was actually quite seized but still loaded with good parts. So another engine from the pile looked quite complete except the chain sprocket would spin freely with the clutch engaged. So I opened up the gear cover and found there's a keyway on the small sprocket that sheared off. No problem. Scored a keyway from another engine!
That was all that engine needed and now MOOP2 lives again!
I'm really digging this mount. I think extending the rear rather than adapting a mount up front is the way to go. You can even use a bunch of washers I would think with the longer studs or longer 6mm bolts or even a piece of hard wood with two holes drilled out in back. Then I only needed to add a few links to the chain.
I used a second rear mount from another engine and the front mount just hugs that frame I really don't think anything is gonna shear off we'll have to see down the road.
I'm pretty well stocked on HT parts now thanks to the deal I made with Dax so MOOP2 will live on. But I also am rethinking this oil mixing. It's always been 6 oz to a gallon in my mind and I had messed up adding less oil to my gas so this go around in my tank is 8oz of non castor (awesome but too expensive) oil from the auto store to a gallon. Yes I know. Overkill. But it combusts. Yes. I will see a bigger black puddle on the concrete every morning but I want to be absolutely assured that crank bearing is getting well lubricated.
YAY! Three bikes all working! This will be mostly for cruising the neighborhood. It will be the bike neighbors will be asking just how many of these things do I actually own.

Attachments

• Photo0927.jpg
    Photo0927.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Photo0923.jpg
    Photo0923.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 266
  • Photo0924.jpg
    Photo0924.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Photo0925.jpg
    Photo0925.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh tell me about it! After the trike I couldn't ride Duane's recumbent for a few minutes till I got used to it it was strange yet incredibly fun.

Riding Video MOOP2. Sorry about the sky shots for I had to hold my camera phone to my mouth,and that clanking is my chain to my rear fender I kinda like it though.

YouTube - MOOP2 LIVES!

Back