New 32 tooth sprocket limiting rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

rysk29

Local time
5:02 AM
With my 44 tooth the engine would sound like its going crazy at max speed.. After I installed new 32 tooth sprocket.. My max rpm is really slow.. It is like it hit a wall at half rpm the 44 tooth had on flat.. Not sure y.. Any thoughts?.. I can get up slight hills with no pedaling with the 32 tooth

Last edited:
too small for the weight being carried - probably never getting up to the peak power RPMs - try one in high 30s

A 38 tooth should give you roughly 6 mph higher than the 44 tooth. If you have any hills I wouldn't attempt to make something that is good on the flats, try to gear it to take hills.

i was thinking a 32 would b fast, but it just never would rpm past a point.. 36 might b my only option as i cant find many 38t 9 holes

yea i hit 36 down hill b4 i chickened out (was raining) lol.. made me sad when on flats my friend was faster with his 44t.. the low rpm i got was great, but at a certain point my rpm stayed steady and wouldn't go any further like i was hoping..

is there any adjustments to make the rpm go higher or is it just based on sprocket

There are lots of things you can do to increase the power of the 2 stroke to allow it to fully use that 32 tooth but you'll definitely lower the lifespan of the engine with most of those mods.

44 to 32 is too huge a drop. i would go with 38t. 44t to 38t will give you about 5 mph increase at top end speed and about 3-4 mph at cruise speed. there is also the possibility of getting a shift kit which would allow you to have multiple gears, lower your rpms, and stay in the power band across different speeds.

also, maybe im just conservative, but these are small, bare engines and with that don't go WOT and pedal out to speed before engaging the engine. i rarely go WOT or even near that and stay in mid range RPM and the power band. im fine with mid 20s and lower speeds to not stress my small engine but maybe that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back