New DIY Motor Idea

inspectorcritic

Local time
1:15 AM
Some dirty construction worker admiring my bike told me he made one from a from a demo saw, that is a saw that cuts concrete. He went through the procedure he was saying you half buy tires for high speeds cuz he can get his going up a 120 MPH.
I don't know the weight and size it might be like a 212 predator too big and heavy.
But good place to look for one would be at a pawn shop construction workers are always going broke.

Checking out some prices they go up to $1,000+ for the complete saw cops and rescue use them for can openers there light enough you can hold it up cut a wall or ceiling just like in them sci-fi horror movies grossly out doing a 212 predator takes 2 men to lift. Do I get a better motor cuz I paid more for it?
Saw one rated at 111cc you'd need a mounting plate then cut loose a lot of unneeded functions.
Some are 2 stroke some are 4.

Do you have any experience with demo motors to say that?
I'm sortive getting half interested if they would perform bitter.
Plenty and I hate using them. I use 3 different sizes from stihl and they have power once they get going put thats it, top end. They aren't built for anything but turning a blade or fiber disk at high rpm. They do have tuned pipes for them but my boss won't get me one lol. The guy was bs'ing you.

It would really be up to what motor he was using, 120mph would require a very powerful motor and you'd need some incredibly strong drivetrain parts to hold that power on a bicycle. An average mid-sized, carryable gas concrete saw looks to have roughly 7hp (looked for about 30 seconds, don't crucify me if that's not completely on point) which would be good for maybe 50-60mph if it was tuned well and the rider didn't weigh all that much.

Well I don't need to go 120 MPH nor does anyone else but it might be very nice to go 40-50MPH a stock motor has about
1.50 - 1.75HP what would 7 be like?

Last edited:
From what I've heard and seen, 7hp is more than good enough for 60+mph. The frankenstein sold by ZMS for $295 is supposedly good for about 7-8 hp on a good pipe, it's the same one they use in the videos of doing 60-70 they posted a while back. It's a standard bottom end/case with a stihl 044 chainsaw top end.

If it wasn't for the fact that it takes race gas and won't last as a daily driver, I'd order one in a heartbeat just to experience 7+ hp on a 50lb bike.

Back