Nice to have found this place!

Obsessed biker

Local time
3:58 PM
Hello from east coast! I recently finished my first 2 stroke build on an old granite peak. Turned out well thanks to tips i found while visiting here. Unfortunately I've already had 2 flats on the rear and after the last one i noticed the sidewall starting to separate from the bead. Still plenty of tread, but am i asking for a blowout? What do y'all think?

Welcome to the club.
Id get a new tire as soon as possible, that tire is going to let you down very soon and potentially cause an accident and or injury.
Personally I wouldn't cheap out on a tire, something with a 60tpi rating is best.
What size tire do you need?

Thanks Chris, yeah 26" on the granite peaks. You're right and replacing it would be the safe thing to do. I'd be more worried if it was a front tire, but the cheapskate side of me has let me push my luck on that tire for the last 20 or 30 miles since i noticed it! Lol. I did at least make sure to carry a patch kit. 🛠️

I agree Dan, I'll be going to street tires. Actually found a good deal from chain reaction on a pair of schwalbe land cruisers for about $25. I thought that brand was reputable, but the sidewalls on them seem awful thin compared to even the cheap cheng shin ones.

Back