No Firing

Hi Zomby,

Consider the following........ If the black wire connected to the AC/DC relay isn't connected to ground the module will not work correctly. If the black wire connected to the regulator isn't connected to ground the regulator will allow the alternator voltage to exceed 13.8 Volts and burn out the lights, not to mention the battery won't like unregulated AC for a long period of time. It might also be necessary to actually run a ground wire to the yellow wire with the red stripe at the ignition switch. Either you have a few devices missing the ground or possibly one of the modules is now defective. It is also important to note the yellow wire from the AC/DC is the output for the lights when the motor is running. If there are enough requests I will write a post about my knowledge concerning the wiring harness, and how the electronics work on the Whizzer motor. I am sure there are a few things about the different harness assemblies I don't know, and I am in the process of reviewing the electronic circuits used on the new Ambassador model [more digitial] at the moment.
A few more comments to consider, when I installed the NE motor on my 1950 Whizzer Sportsman to drag race, I simply used a complete wiring harness and was able to hide the excess under the tank with black plastic ties. I used all the modules, but didn't install any lights, horn, battery, key switch, etc. A new harness isn't very expensive vs. your time. In other words it might be to your advantage to purchase a new harness and spend time trying to make it less visable.

Hope some of this information is helpful.
Have fun,
Quenton

Last edited:
Wire harness

I did cut the front of this harness off & prob messed up the grounds. I also wired two hallogen spotlights to the high beam. (they still work) I think that I will replace the harness, the regulator, & AC DC relay. This front end is also very heavy, so I'll leave the spotlights off too. 70 mm autoclutch to lower the ratios should be OK. Stock is 90 right? That means another couple trips to Napa to get belt lengths correct.

Hi Zomby,
You are correct about the clutch ratios. I noticed from the photos you are using the stock manual clutch. The manual clutch is the same ratios as the 90 MM automatic clutch [approx 5" X 3.5"]. The stock corrected [avg. belt slippage] ratio is 9.03 X 1, and the 70 MM clutch is 11.43 X 1. Don't forget Whizzer will only warranty their automatic clutch if used on a 100% stock Whizzer motorbike.

Have fun,
Quenton

Back