No Ht Motors For Usa In 2010

I came across this on the grubee website today.
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T TRUE.

Hay USA!! Important Note for the upcoming 2010 year:
In 2010, at least as of Nov. 5th 2009, non of the 2 cycle engine factories in China have been able to get their engines EPA certified to the new rating of 40CFR 1051.

Meaning; no 2 cycle bike engine shipments will be able to enter the USA after Jan 1. 2010 unless something changes. From Jan. 2008 to March 2009 the EPA rating has been 40CFR 90 off road non hand held but now changed to 1051 off road recreational vehicle which is the same class as a snowmobile. USA Import Buyers beware;

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE:confused::confused::confused::devilish::devilish::cry::cry:

but at $100 i find it hard to find much to complain about any more with the HT as a product[/I.

I must dissagree with this part of your statement. I work hard for that $100. I expect value. If it does not give me the same satisfaction that it would if I spent that same $100 elsewhere then I will be demanding satisfaction. Yes that money has less value today than it did 10 years ago, but I still attach the same value to it. I may be in the minority, but there are thrifty people out there. I just hope it is enough to affect changes needed.

Last edited:
perspective

stan, i'm a poor boy too...i like spending money but i spend it as if i cannot afford mistakes, which i cannot...keep in mind the kits used to be way over-priced (hype remember?) and you tossed the dice on whether it was gonna run or whether you'd get service if it didn't...all i meant was that $100 is more reasonable for what one gets in an average HT kit. one starts there and then spends as much or as little money & time as one wants to make it better.

buy a pocketbike or scooter engine for a c-note, that's all you get...but HT's come with all those other parts too, which adds "value"...just be realistic tho & don't expect to get more than you pay for.

but, $100 is still $100, and you can still get burned by box-sellers...

so you should still shop carefully before you "buy it now" imo.

Last edited:
stan, i'm a poor boy too...i like spending money but i spend it as if i cannot afford mistakes, which i cannot...keep in mind the kits used to be way over-priced (hype remember?) and you tossed the dice on whether it was gonna run or whether you'd get service if it didn't...all i meant was that $100 is more reasonable for what one gets in an average HT kit. one starts there and then spends as much or as little money & time as one wants to make it better.

buy a pocketbike or scooter engine for a c-note, that's all you get...but HT's come with all those other parts too, which adds "value"...just be realistic tho & don't expect to get more than you pay for.

but, $100 is still $100, and you can still get burned by box-sellers...

so you should still shop carefully before you "buy it now" imo.

Yup....I agree, thats why I like the vender reviews on the site.

I second that. I'm growing a community of MB riders in my own neighborhood. It will take a while, but I'm generating interest.

I have lost track of the thread. Is the 2 stroke 48cc motor still going to be available in TX USA for 2010?
I am really happy with this product (grubee skyhawk 48cc) and some people are interested almost to the point to buy and ride one.

augidog, and I must thank you for being one of the consumers who spoke up and helped regulate the market making it affordable for me.:D

happy said:
Is the 2 stroke 48cc motor still going to be available in TX USA for 2010?
I don't think we have to worry.

I spent an hour or so on Ebay today, snooping. I searched "Bicycle Motorized".
782 results.... I bet over ½ were engine kits. Many " buy it now....more than 10 available."

most listed as EPA approved... but I didn't see any 'black cat' mufflers. :whistle:

hahaha---some were even listed as 2010 models!! :confused:

♫ ♪ Looks like Happytimes are here to stay ♪ ♫

:giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy mine and I use it about 5 days a week if the weather is good.

Thanks for the tip. I plan to get more people on them as backup commuter vehicles or camping auxiliary vehicles.

I am not sure about the reliability of these things but apparently they are improving. Hopefully we'll be able to scoop up New Old Stock boxes for discounts when the better generation stuff rolls in and interest in them increases.

EPA outlaw...sweet

So I guess ditching my truck for a Mb was a hasty idea but I'll just keep riding. I've had a difficult time in CA buying an HT motor but supplies still exist. Yet, this "ban" stuff makes me feel like a drug dealer. [Lifting his coat, the shady motorized bicyclist looks at the new customer. "Hey man, I got an HT motor kit. It's fresh from the docks. Only a $150 bucks!"] In San Fran, I rarely see anyone riding an Mbc but I ride at night primarily to commute so I literally may not "see" them. There was one dude but he was switching to a Briggs and Straton. The police do not seem to mind as long as you're not too noisy and obey the rules of the road so I'm riding til I break which may come long before the motor gives out. Tree huggers are lousy drivers,lol. This town used to be a real motorhead town but we're being forced out courtesy of the....well I'll keep that to myself,lol. Anyways electric may be the wave of the future for I'm putting together a 1000w brushless hub powered bike powered by a LifePO4 48v 20A Li ion pack. I think the real issue for the ban revolve around cyclist who are envious and jealous of those of us with the brains and wherewithal to build an Mb. Some people just don't like the idea of us existing and are using such "bans" to intimidate us into surrender. I can no longer afford to pay the increased mass transit costs with my low paying job. If I have to, I'll motorize my skateboard.

Back